• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Christopher Phillips + Ed Currie = ???

I miss a lot when I'm absent.  Good luck Chris.  I've never ordered from Ed before, but I'll be checking out the website this fall.

P.S.  I can't seem to find chiligrowers.com.  Is it gone?

Oh, and my avatar is Trinidad Scorpion Cardi.  The first seeds I received from Chris several years ago.

Nothing against the folk being discussed, but gotta wonder if anyone else reads about the 'secret' gardens and gets that song Secret Agent Man stuck in his head.

IIIRC this Chilligrower.com was started by the McDermotts of Buckeye Pepper Co.      Some fine folks with lots of peppers and even more children!  It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have time to manage another website.

Chiligrower.com was owned by the same people (the McDermotts) that own Old Barn Nursery and Buckeye Pepper Company. Only the forum (Chilgrower.com) shut down. Their facebook group chiligrowers continues, as does Buckeye and Old Barn Nursery.

But to get back on topic, Chris has offered some cool and unique seeds for sale on the Puckerbutt site. I plan to grow as many as I can afford next season.

Trippa said:
Was this old barn nursery?

MisterBigglesworth said:
IIIRC this Chilligrower.com was started by the McDermotts of Buckeye Pepper Co.      Some fine folks with lots of peppers and even more children!  It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have time to manage another website.

Christopher is a variety bringer to the pepper world. He helps tons of people from the novice to the highly experienced obtain the rarest of seeds. He has generously done seed giveaway after seed giveaway. He most certainly has among the greatest collections in the world. He also develops new varieties. So many here would say as I do that my garden would not be what it is without his help

OK. That makes sense. I did a little google fu and found out about that much. I also found out that he is a very well known pepper photographer.

Very interesting and very cool.

Does he have his own website?

sirex said:
OK. That makes sense. I did a little google fu and found out about that much. I also found out that he is a very well known pepper photographer.

Very interesting and very cool.

Does he have his own website?

He is "cmpman 1974" on here.

Posted 18 is from Christopher. He does not maintain his own site. Like Judy said it is a passion for him, his post explains the reason for this now. This is like being able to pick through part of his collection

Hi everyone.  I was actually going to post on the THP Grow Log thread, but I didn't know it it was appropriate to link / use a blog site like Tumblr.  I truly did love posting here, but the process of having to upload to an independent photo site and then URL to THP became rather frustrating sadly.  I did it for so long, but I lost my tolerance as well as my space was almost out on Photobucket. :)  I am enjoying doing the Tumblr blog as a way to show different stuff.  My grow-out has been slow this year due to bad weather and other issues, but I hope it picks up soon. 

Sirex, I certainly am a 'pepper addict'   I have gotten more and more into this over the years.  Part of the thrill for me was always hunting down the impossible and growing them. The challenge is something I just love.  I appreciate all aspects of pepper growing from the flowers to the final fruits.  Looking back, so many varieties have a story behind them.  I'm glad to be a part of that!  Hope that helps a bit. 

Chris

Back