• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Cinco de Mayo parties?

Who's got a Cinco de Mayo party goin' on? I myself being new to Las Vegas am going to stuff some peppers to slap on the grill, get a fresh bottle of Patron Anejo, plenty of limes and some good cerveza's and watch the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight on PPV.
I'm hoping for De La Hoya by decision but then again....
What ya'll got goin' on?

Parties? We don' need no stinking parties!(in my best mexican/american accent)

Just kidding. I was too tired to do anything out of the ordinary, so i just went to the beach and laid around all day with the cooler.

Americans soldiers fought with the Mexicans from the Tex/Mex border and fought to dispel the French. So when the US came under attack at Pearl Harbor Mexicans crossed the border to join the US armed forces... and still cross the borders :lol:

That's why Cinco de Mayo is such a party -- A party that celebrates freedom and liberty today

French
Mexican
Americans

oh and I made Carne Asada and had Corona's, Negro Modello's and Harpoon Summer ale --- D - Lish or Yummo or whatever that big talking head is saying now

i didn't go to any parties..but i did get drunk with my roommates and had a couple of their dos equis XX

hows that harpoon summer ale? i've had their ipa and ufo unfiltered wheat...both of which i thought were pretty good. those are the only harpoon offerings i've seen available here.

More Cinco De Mayo diletantes..........

Zaragosa beat the French army under Maximillian in Puebla on Cinco De Mayo.

willard3 said:
More Cinco De Mayo diletantes..........

Zaragosa beat the French army under Maximillian in Puebla on Cinco De Mayo.
...only to be defeated by the French a year later at the same battle field...then the French ruled over them for 4 years....

But then again...it's the French. really, how hard on a country can they be...

xgrafcorex said:
hows that harpoon summer ale? i've had their ipa and ufo unfiltered wheat...both of which i thought were pretty good. those are the only harpoon offerings i've seen available here.

I like it, its a very "clean" tasting beer. Not something you would get tired of drinking.... Never cared for any of Sam Adams beers... but I love Pete's wicked and wish they would make the winter brew again but alas, wrong season. Pete's makes Rally Cap and I really like that one as well. But then I switch all the time between Molson Ice, Harpoon, Sierra Nevada's and Petes depending whats smokin':mouthonfire:

imaguitargod said:
...only to be defeated by the French a year later at the same battle field...then the French ruled over them for 4 years....

....then Juarez had Maxilmillian executed at Queretaro....

Back