• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Classic Pickled Chili, Swedish way, using acetum.

After a decent harvest today I decided to try pickle chili the classic way. In this pickle I'm using acetum, also called spirit vinegar, this is really just a much much sharper version of vinegar.
Here I'm using a great mix of different chili to get interesting taste and heat. This is a great garnish or side dish to steaks and other meats.

To do this pickle you'll need the chili, few onions, ginger, acetum, sugar and salt. Simple as that.

DSC_0994.JPG

Chili's seen in the picture,
C. chinense 'Habanero, Red'
C. chinense 'Habanero Lemon' (Not ripe)
C. chinense 'Naga Morich'
C. annuum 'Chiluacle Negro'
C. annuum 'Monkey Face'
C. annuum "Hungarian"
C. annuum 'Prik Ki Nu'
C. annuum 'Bell pepper, Red'
C. baccatum 'CAP 220'

DSC_0999.JPG

Starting of with splitting them to remove the seeds.

DSC_1009.JPG

Chopped them into smaller pieces .

DSC_1021.JPG

Heating the acetum, sugar and salt on the stove.

DSC_1028.JPG

Adding chili and the other vegetables.

DSC_1030.JPG

Cook for 5-10 minutes.

DSC_1039.JPG

Bottle it into glass jars.

Let cool, this is now preserved and you'll be able to keep it for years... even though I have a feeling mine won't last that long! :cool:

Good looking selection of peppers ya got 12% vinegar would be pretty strong im sure they taste great i would put a few on some burgers. :drooling:

I think it would be great on burgers! Can't wait to try it out.

I'm either using a 12% or 24% spirit vinegar when doing a pickle like this, you're right its strong! Clears up your nose for sure :shocked:

That pickled chili would also be great on hot dogs and soft shell tacos. I'm getting hungry right quick here thinking of all the food possibilities.

Back