• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

club soda

Anyone ever used club soda in their hot sauce recipe?  Am thinking about a sauce that I am planning and I think something like club soda might be a solid idea...thoughts?  Also thought about tonic water, but finding one without HFCS is problematic.

I don't get what you are trying to accomplish with carbonation and hot sauce, and any will disappear during cooking anyway.

i think you know me my now and you know in not being a smart :silenced: but im not sure either what your looking to accomplish here but i dont think there is any benifit from using club soda and hfcs is some evil crap and i avoid putting it in my body as much as possable

my advice would be to not do it  because i see no positive outcome on this one??

but if you can find club soda without the HFCS then give it a try and let us know what you came up with

thanks you friend Joe

I despise HFCS, just for starters.
In the case of club soda, I was thinking in a ferment it would increase the initial CO2 let off decreasing the chance of nasties.
In the case of tonic, I thought in a ferment I am planning it might impart an interesting flavor.

That is all, nothing more than that.

Thanks guys

Hum, we'll you might be onto something with the club soda and using it to top off the jar. The release of co2 bubbles might just assist in pushing the air out.

I think I'd leave the tonic water out till after ferments over and then add it in to the level of flavor you want.

Now we all agree on HFCS however if it's added to a ferment jar it's going to be consumed by the lacto and converted into Lactic acid and C02 so I don't see why it can't be a ferment but afterwards, no way Jose!

Cheers

carbonated hot sauce?  it could work...as a novelty item...

other than that???  :shrug:

Using it as RM described to make an oxygen barrier in a fermentation process.... That sounds very Plausible! 

I don't think the carbonation would stick around it would just be for initial CO2 release and maybe a little flavor from the tonic...plus evidently it would help with leg cramps

Back