• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CMPMAN1974 Growing Thread - 2009

cmpman1974 said:
Yes Josh, I may do that again. We may get frost tonight so it won't matter. I think it helped the ripening process in 2008.

Thanks 915river. :) Can you e-mail me? I'm trying to e-mail you, but its getting rejected. I think I may have the wrong e-mail address since you moved.

Chris

Sure Chris I will

Plants got hammered by frost last night. :( Some are still alive...others are goners. This has been a cold year. I don't know how I got what I did out of it. Crap season weather wise.

cmpman1974 said:
Plants got hammered by frost last night. :( Some are still alive...others are goners. This has been a cold year. I don't know how I got what I did out of it. Crap season weather wise.

How did your bed of Pubescens hold up?

sorry to hear your season is nearly over Chris...but with all the obstacles you had this year, you still seem to have had a good season...

Thanks AJ. The Pubescens are OK in one area where a tree blocks wind..they all survived! In another part, they all died. The idea of Pubescens being more cold tolerant is a myth. It's never held true for me.

hey bro great peppers !

please tell me what kind are the yellow gnarly ones in the back i marked with the red 1 ? and the ones left to them !

please let me know, i love the way these two look !!!!

whatpeppa.jpg

They are called Aji Yellow (C. Baccatums). Very cool looking peppers. I didn't grow them. I tried to deseed some and there were really few seeds if any. Odd.

cmpman1974 said:
They are called Aji Yellow (C. Baccatums). Very cool looking peppers. I didn't grow them. I tried to deseed some and there were really few seeds if any. Odd.

thank you for the reply, and the ones to their left are these fataliis ?

The last new chili you'll most likely see posted from me in the '09 season. :( Only 15 plants left and ripening is about over. Weather has turned very rainy and cold. Sad time, but it was fun when it lasted. My freezer is loaded with pods so life is good. :)

This is not a super hot. Not sure why the Naga name stuck, but I retained it from my source. `

Chris

P1080539.jpg

Surely the last haul of '09. There are least 200 Pubescens pods green on the plants and maybe 200-300 more Chinense pods. If only they grew up in AJ land, they'd live to maturity. :)

Chris

P1080540.jpg

Bye bye season. Low temps hit 27 degrees last night. My plants were obliterated. They are all pulled out, in lawn bags with a tombstone saying killed by Jack Frost. Good bye 2009 seaaon....looking forward to 2010. :)

Chris

Back