• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2010 Growing Log

Well, I created a different thread, but I can't find it. It was in the wrong section anyways so I'm starting over.

The season is on. Here's a peek into early activity. It's no AJ set-up, but....

P1080622.jpg

P1080623.jpg

P1080629.jpg

P1080630.jpg

The end is very near here I think for my pepper season. Very cold today - down to 42 at night. I picked another 5-7 lbs today. Much more out there, but you can only do so much. :)

P1090315.jpg

Chris

Chris,

I saw your wonderful collection and stunning photographs.

I am happy that you could grow all the varieties , the seeds of which I had given you.

I am wondering as to what you will do if you are in Austin with such a loooooong growing season.!!!

I would be happy if you can send me seeds of Peri peri and Kanthari.

Rgds

NJA

Thanks NJA. Glad to see you're settled into TX now. Yeah, I can dream of growing in that climate. I could have 'AJ plants.' :)

I saved plenty of Peri Peri seeds. I had one ripe Kanthari pod so far with 5 seeds. lol. The plant is not productive, but I may try to pull it out of the ground into a pot and hope the 20 pods or so ripen just for seed stock. Yeah, I'll go that. :) I don't have room for many plants inside anymore, but I keep them long enough to get seeds and pitch them. The only variety I didn't get a ripe pod from was Chot. My plant is massive and has hundreds of flowers, but it flowered so late. The pods look cool, but no chance for ripe pods. There's always next time. :)

Chris

Vladan, based on MegaMaster71's recent photos, I do not believe this to be true Parvifolium, but it's still a unique amazing plant. :)

Chriw

Vladan, based on MegaMaster71's recent photos, I do not believe this to be true Parvifolium, but it's still a unique amazing plant. :)

Chriw

I got those seeds from Jukka like I told you my friend,never had that plant before so I can not judge if plant is true species or not ,any way "Thank" to him for give at to me that was nice from his side.
Vladan

That Naga is scary as hell. The plant is a horrible producer for me though (1 pod ripe) and 2 unripe. BUT, I achieved my goal - ripe pod of all varieties. lol. Thanks AJ for sharing the seed with me.

Chris

P1090320.jpg

P1090319.jpg

P1090318.jpg

P1090328.jpg

I think my season ends tonight. :( Frost advisory is posted and it's mighty cold out right now. Oh well, it's been fun. The only sad part is I have SO many Pubescens pods on the plants, but every year this happens. It's a hopeless endeavor to grow them successfully in large scale in Michigan. They thrive one month before frost and can't cycle as they need to. Kind of a waste of space in my garden, but I like them anyways. lol.

Chris

Do you plan on overwintering any plants? I had the same problem with the rocotos this year. I started them too late and they started to flower in the dead of summer. They are really putting on pods right now and I hope to at least get a few to try by the end of the season.

jacob

No overwintering. I have failed several times and the aphids wrecked havoc with my seedlings indoors. Biggest mistake ever. If I had a separate area, I'd be all for it. :) Like a Potawie million foot by million foot greenhouse!

Chris

Sorry to hear about the end to an OBVOUISLY great growing season. I wish I had the discipline to document pepper varieties as well as you. Wonderful job!! : clap:

Little frosty here this morning too Chris so you're not alone. I'm going to cut a few down and trim the roots up and see if I can get them to go dormant and start again next season. I also brought a few in a while back that still have pods ripening on them.

Congrats on a good season Chris and I wish you an even better one next year.

Back