• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2010 Growing Log

Well, I created a different thread, but I can't find it. It was in the wrong section anyways so I'm starting over.

The season is on. Here's a peek into early activity. It's no AJ set-up, but....

P1080622.jpg

P1080623.jpg

P1080629.jpg

P1080630.jpg

I made a mistake before on the Red Savina. I tasted these pictured and these are the real deal. Seeds were right from a commercial growers plot. VERY hot and different taste than Caribbean Red. I'll have to remove my other picture. I think it's a cross.

Chris

P1090129.jpg

P1090128.jpg

P1090127.jpg

P1090125.jpg

Chris,

Can you tell me what the difference is between the regular Murupi and the Doce variety? They look a little fatter... it the flavor different? Thanks,

I'll have to crack one open Beaglestorm. The Murupi Doce is 'supposed' to be a no heat seasoning pepper with tremendous flavor. I'm not sure if what I have is pure as I never grew it. I'll need to scour the net for some pics. Potawie seems to be very familiar with it. :)

Chris

These Hoyt Saxton's Red Pumpkin Habs are ginormous....I wish Rich would chime in here (a member I have not seen for a while on here). If you're here, are these the real deal?

Chris

P1090144.jpg

P1090143.jpg

P1090137.jpg

P1090136.jpg

I'm taking a few days off from harvesting. It's getting overwhelming. Here's today's haul (another one like it yesterday). More is out there.

Chris

P1090142.jpg

P1090135.jpg

P1090134.jpg

P1090132.jpg

The Murupi Doce is very mild. Nice, unusual flavor. It looks similar to Murupi Red, but tastes nothing like it. You can munch on a whole pod w/o concern. :)

Chris

So if those are the real deal Red Savina's then the seeds I got from you that are growing much larger/robust peppers would probably not be? Guess I'm going to have to try one of them, see what they taste like. I remember the last time I ate a Red Savina. Not a happy guy for about 15 minutes.

Thanks Chris.

Thanks Chris. Hope you know I wasn't hinting around for more seeds. Just wondering what you thought last year's Red Savina's may have been. They are pretty tasty and hot.

This is positively the coolest looking pod ever. The pic isn't as clear as I hoped. It could be a calendar picture. Super wrinkled, awesome tail, amazing color transition from top to bottom. I live the green stinger at the end. I have no idea where Primo (original seller) picked up these bad boys, but what a treasure he found!

Chris

P1090154.jpg

Only half? Man, plants are putting out!

Fantastic pics as always Chris. 7 Primo is one evil looking monster isn't it? I have managed to save seed from a few that are larger than average. Good luck to you.

More today... I really like the color on these NOT Peach Scotch Bonnets - the plant is a massive producer. You can pick them forever!!

Chris

P1090171.jpg

P1090170.jpg

P1090163.jpg

P1090172.jpg

Great photos as usual. The Black Naga looks a lot like the Chocolate Bhut, both look tasty. I'm really interested in the CGN 22184, have you tasted it yet? Is the plant easy to grow?

Back