co-packer Co-Packaging... far, far away!

Hello,
The problem I'm trying to figure out right now is, once I have made my bbq sauce, where do I go to get it bottled? I live in the middle of nowhere, actually you go to nowhere and turn left! (150 miles north of Vegas) I've talked to different bottlers but nobody seems willing to tell me about the transportation regs., or if there are any. Trying to figure out if I need to look into bottling equipment and do it in house. (Bottling Equipment cost vs. Transportation Storage Equipment cost)
Thanks,
The Guy

P.S. - This is just the first of MANY questions...

Fan-tas-tic!

One day and I am TOTALLY sold on this site!!!!

Thank you all for the information. Get used to seeing me here.

Another request. Someone tell me if I should be doing this here or in another section. I would like some critical opinions of my website. Been working hard on it (lots and lots of pages, not all of them are filled up but all the links work. I did it all myself!) and as I may have said, I'm not selling anything yet. If it's not breaking any rules, I will give the address in the morning. Actually after 2pm pst.

Oh, I'm home again... weird hours. I go back in 5 hours.

The Guy

Well I have to agree with the creator. We used to bottle our own till the costs compared to using a co-packer just didn,t make sense. You find a good one stick with them. We've been with ours over 8 years and it has been a great relationship.

Mick
Kato's

imaguitargod said:
That's because they use salt to disolve road ice instead of all your guys sauces.

It's not salt...They take scrapings from the discharge tubes at the various pharmeceutical plants in the area, crystalize it, and spread it. Potholes are merely the places where a new life form has emerged from the pavement.

kato said:
Well I have to agree with the creator. We used to bottle our own till the costs compared to using a co-packer just didn,t make sense. You find a good one stick with them. We've been with ours over 8 years and it has been a great relationship.

Mick
Kato's

And I would personally like to thank Mick for his advice in our VERY early days.

Glad to hear things working out for you Creator. Greg and the folks before him have been great to Kato's.
If you get the chance send us an updated price list or give me a call better yet
888-528-KATO(52860

Mick
Kato's

marcosauces said:
Greg is a nice guy, but very busy lately....im still waiting for the price, he was waiting for some peppers pricing and that was 2 weeks ago...:)

I spoke with Greg a couple days ago, yeah, he's swamped. This is kind of his busy season, so just bear with him for the time being. Those guys are great overall, and have always come through for us.

The_Guy said:
Another request. Someone tell me if I should be doing this here or in another section. I would like some critical opinions of my website. Been working hard on it (lots and lots of pages, not all of them are filled up but all the links work. I did it all myself!) and as I may have said, I'm not selling anything yet. If it's not breaking any rules, I will give the address in the morning. Actually after 2pm pst.
Set up a thread in the Lounge for that and I'll make a comment or two.

Back