• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Cock-in-a-sock recipe

3lbs sausages (chorizo,hot dogs,smoky links,what ever you like)
As many peppers as you have sausage or sausage pieces
2 heads of Garlic
1 bunch of Dill
20 Peppercorns
1Tbsp Mustard seed
2C Cider vinegar
2C water
2-4Tbsp Salt
Cut stem end off peppers and hollow out. Cut sausage to fit inside peppers and stuff them into the peppers (some sausage will expand greatly). Mix vinegar,water,and spices (do not boil,put in fridge). Adjust spicing to taste,add any herbs and spices to personalize it. Pack peppers in a jar add spice mixture to cover, add more if needed. Marinate at least 2 weeks in the fridge for best results. Please post any excellent variations you come up with so we can all try. Thank you.

dreaming said:
3lbs sausages (chorizo,hot dogs,smoky links,what ever you like)
As many peppers as you have sausage or sausage pieces
2 heads of Garlic
1 bunch of Dill
20 Peppercorns
1Tbsp Mustard seed
2C Cider vinegar
2C water
2-4Tbsp Salt
Cut stem end off peppers and hollow out. Cut sausage to fit inside peppers and stuff them into the peppers (some sausage will expand greatly). Mix vinegar,water,and spices (do not boil). Adjust spicing to taste,add any herbs and spices to personalize it. Pack peppers in a jar add spice mixture to cover, add more if needed. Marinate at least 2 weeks for best results. Please post any excellent variations you come up with so we can all try. Thank you.

don't boil??? how does the jar form a seal? or do you put your jars in the fridge?

Dyce51 said:
don't boil??? how does the jar form a seal? or do you put your jars in the fridge?

thats all i do when i "pickle" sausages or eggs.. put them in apple cider vinegar with chile flakes,garlic and let them sit in the fridge.. i am still alive..lol

BamsBBQ said:
thats all i do when i "pickle" sausages or eggs.. put them in apple cider vinegar with chile flakes,garlic and let them sit in the fridge.. i am still alive..lol

I guess thats what I was asking...lol....if they were done in the fridge or of he left out the thermal process....

I've have not made them yet but I've eaten them from some other people. They are fridge pickled/marinated. They are delicious. Until now the recipe was a closely guarded secret in my area. I'm not good with secrets so you all benefit.

dreaming said:
I've have not made them yet but I've eaten them from some other people. They are fridge pickled/marinated. They are delicious. Until now the recipe was a closely gaurded secert in my area. I'm not good with secrets so you all benefit.

So...you are KGB or CIA?

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
You folded under questioning too easy! Secrets indeed. I knew it...you're a congressman!

Cheers, TB.

LMAO !!!!!! I dunno its just something about the name of this....I dunno if I'd try it or not LOL

Back