• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Coffee

Who likes it?

Who hates it?

How do you take it?

How do you make it?

Where do you get it?

What's your favourite?

w-Giant-Coffee-Cup75917.jpg

Who likes it? This guy!

How do you take it? Black

How do you make it? Coffee pot lol

Where do you get it? store, dunkin donuts

What's your favourite? Folgers vanilla biscotti

Ummm.
Guilty.
I have my own roaster.

My favorite actually comes from a small family roaster in a shack near the mercado in Puerto Escondido, Mexico.

Have to go there to get it, though.

Favorite to roast at home?

Toss up between Kenya AA and Columbian Supremo.

How do I take it?

How many ways are there.
Hot
Cold
Espresso
Blended
Frappe'd
Black
Sugar
Cream
Flavored
Frothed

any or combinations of the above.

Yes, I have an espresso machine also.

Who likes it? WalkGood

Who hates it? Who cares, more for WalkGood :D

How do you take it? Black, with cream, with milk, with sugar, without sugar, espresso, Cuban café, American Café, with ice-cream, without ice-cream and many other ways but the most important thing is fresh ground beans just before you make it.

How do you make it? Fresh ground both in American Coffee machine or Rancilio espresso machine

Where do you get it? South America, the Caribbean and Central America

What's your favorite? Freshly roasted, ground and made to order ...

Coffee cups & Gear

Cup quiver, sorry couldn't include dem all, hehehe. BTW I only have 2 cups per day ...
2gsn5sm.jpg

Love coffee and because of it some people are still living! lol I drink mine black and love Columbian blends. Tried some a friend got in mexico and it was good but don't know what it was. I have a french press and love the flavor it produces.
Anyone tried Death Wish coffee supposed to have like 200% more caffeine than regular coffee.

I must be the only one over 40 that has never tasted coffee it smells horrible to me so I never had the nack to try it. same with tea smells horrible

Who likes it? I love the stuff

Who hates it? Anyone without a brain

How do you take it? Hot and Black

How do you make it? In a Bunn

Where do you get it? Jamaica mon!

What's your favourite? Blue Mountain Coffee of course!

I do like coffee.  B/C I am the only adult in my house that likes coffee, I use a keurig.  My favorite k-cup coffee (so far) is Newman's Own special blend.  Preferred is medium roast, as strong as you can make it.  Occasionally I like dark roast, but not so dark as to resemble the aroma of burned tires. 
As an aside, my boys (ages 2 and 4) LOVE coffee.  They have to taste it, however it is prepared.  I got a double espresso straight at starbucks one time when my oldest was less than a year, and he wanted to try it.  I dipped his paci in it and gave it to him, expecting him to hate it, but he handed it back wanting more.  I only give them at most a teaspoon, unless I am making decaf.

ArkansasJack said:
I must be the only one over 40 that has never tasted coffee it smells horrible to me so I never had the nack to try it. same with tea smells horrible

I’m not sure if you have ever smelled fresh roasted and then fresh ground … very few commercial outlets take these steps thus I can’t recommend any. Many towns will have some local roasters, I’d check to see what you think of the smell there. I can’t say much about tea, I like it but have never taken the step of going to fresh although I did taste it once, what a difference.

Jamison said:

Who likes it? I love the stuff

Who hates it? Anyone without a brain

How do you take it? Hot and Black

How do you make it? In a Bunn

Where do you get it? Jamaica mon!

What's your favourite? Blue Mountain Coffee of course!

Jamison, I agree with coffee grown in the Blue Mountains but careful what brands you buy. The real stuff is never called “Blue Mountain” coffee and that is because the JA government owns (trademark) the name “Blue Mountain, Blue Mountain Coffee, etc.” They have a Coffee Board and they mix and roast everything with their trademarks, the mix ratio is something like 2% grown in the Blue Mountains and the rest is grown at sea level (garbage crop). The 100% grown in the Blue Mountains is not allowed to use any of the trademarked names and sell under the farm names, it’s extremely expensive unless you drive up to the mountains and buy from some of the smaller farms as you’ll never see this product in stores but the larger farms sell on the net.

How do I know this, I have a great friend that was the Minister of the Coffee Board or some title like that and he doesn’t even drink the trademarked coffee’s … yea I know it’s sad. BTW the percentages of mix can be less. I could go on but hate bursting peeps impression of a great coffee if it truly comes from the Blue Mountains it’s awesome!

Have a great week brethren!!!

ArkansasJack said:
I must be the only one over 40 that has never tasted coffee it smells horrible to me so I never had the nack to try it. same with tea smells horrible

This is why I hate going into gas stations in the morning.

This is why I hate going into gas stations in the morning.

Gas station coffee . . . I don't drink it unless it is an emergency

WalkGood said:

I’m not sure if you have ever smelled fresh roasted and then fresh ground … very few commercial outlets take these steps thus I can’t recommend any. Many towns will have some local roasters, I’d check to see what you think of the smell there. I can’t say much about tea, I like it but have never taken the step of going to fresh although I did taste it once, what a difference.

Jamison, I agree with coffee grown in the Blue Mountains but careful what brands you buy. The real stuff is never called “Blue Mountain” coffee and that is because the JA government owns (trademark) the name “Blue Mountain, Blue Mountain Coffee, etc.” They have a Coffee Board and they mix and roast everything with their trademarks, the mix ratio is something like 2% grown in the Blue Mountains and the rest is grown at sea level (garbage crop). The 100% grown in the Blue Mountains is not allowed to use any of the trademarked names and sell under the farm names, it’s extremely expensive unless you drive up to the mountains and buy from some of the smaller farms as you’ll never see this product in stores but the larger farms sell on the net.

How do I know this, I have a great friend that was the Minister of the Coffee Board or some title like that and he doesn’t even drink the trademarked coffee’s … yea I know it’s sad. BTW the percentages of mix can be less. I could go on but hate bursting peeps impression of a great coffee if it truly comes from the Blue Mountains it’s awesome!

Have a great week brethren!!!
Had both---green beans and roasted by me.
Not worth the expense, IMHO, but neither is pure estate grown Kona.

Good, don't get me wrong, but not THAT good enough to justify the stupid price.

Haven't tried Kopi Luwak yet, so can't comment on the most expensive coffee in the world.

Gotrox said:

Haven't tried Kopi Luwak yet, so can't comment on the most expensive coffee in the world.
I bought some earlier this year in Bali, $28 for 100 grams. I use an espresso machine and got 9 or 10 coffees from memory. Was a good coffee but at more than 10 times the price of the beans I normally buy from the roaster I wouldn't be buying it regularly.

Back