• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Coffee

It's those crunchy bits that give it the "extra kick". :shh:

Still want to try it, but to roast it myself?

Need a hasmat sticker to ship it raw?

Here you go, 1/2 lb. of Kopi Luwak green beans goes for $94.60

http://www.greenbeanery.ca/bean/catalog/kopi-luwak-p-7551.html

kopi-luwak1.jpg

Heh... GreenTea starting a coffee thread.....

I love the smell of it when it's not too strong, but never acquired the taste. Well, I do like just a smidge mixed with other things. Like hot chocolate with a smidge of coffee in it can be good. And I make a "coffee coffee cake" for which I make a coffee syrup - whenever I take it to gatherings there are never any leftovers. But just coffee to drink? Ick.

spongey600 said:
i love me some coffee!
type-aged sumatra
fresh ground-burr grinder
french press
1/2 shot glass half & hlaf, 1 splenda
Dat Sumatra is dam fine café I buy it a few times a year in whole bean. Also drink Rwandan,  Costa Rican, Puerto Rican and Columbian dark roast. Edit: almost forgot Venezuelan and Jamaican FTW  ...

21jdlc5.jpg

You guys would go nuts at the warehouse I work in. It's not roasted but there is everything you could ever want short of that overpriced crap that a marsupial eats. :rolleyes:

Proud Marine Dad said:
You guys would go nuts at the warehouse I work in. It's not roasted but there is everything you could ever want short of that overpriced crap that a marsupial eats. :rolleyes:
Get employee discounts? :lol:

I reckon I would probably bleed coffee based on my consumption.

It's all instant stuff at work, but it's roast your own green beans and everything thereafter at home.

I'm more of a simple is best chap - flat white for me almost all the time.

But, on a recent trip to Cambodia, I had some sort of brew of a morning that is probably as effective as waking up to a whack with a sledgehammer ...

I thought there was only Arabica and Robusta beans (the latter of which the Indonesians go through like nobodies business from my experience), however this other stuff in Cambodia was based on Iberica or something like that. Truth be told, I liked it, and that's all I need to know, so I haven't even bothered looking it up for more info. Tsk Tsk.

Favourite bean would be Ethiopean, but, there are SO many variables in roasting and grinding and preparing and making that any given batch can be made to taste good or bad - it's very subjective, and almost as hard as picking my favourite vatted/single malt Scotch whisky, but that's another matter  :drooling: 

GreenTea said:
Who hates it?

Here i am! i just hate it in all forms. :D

I've just drunk coffee when i was 2 o 3 years old... I always woke up in middle of night. My parents asked for advice to a pediatrician and said to give me a teaspoon of coffee... It worked!!! :eek:

Coffee, yep love it in all it's forms sweet, sweet with cream, Black, in a good coffee Stout and of course and my most favorite Irish Coffee :)

I prefer it strong and black. In fact in the Army I've had it so strong you drank the first half cup and used the rest to clean your weapon.

I have a coffee maker that you put the fresh beans in and it grinds them, dumps them into the basket and brews a nice fresh pot. My go to is Eight O'clock Colombian whole bean.

My other obsession right now, home roasted Ethiopian or El Salvador black from an Aeropress or espresso from my 2nd hand Saeco, lots of places in Oz make a great flat white (latte sort of) but it's hard to find good coffee in Tennessee when visiting family.

Back