artwork Company Logo critique

I am going to use as company logo

Attachments

• tmp_Djinn Base TEXT-1114950613.png
    tmp_Djinn Base TEXT-1114950613.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 70
salsalady said:
I'm not opposed to genie or djinn, evil or otherwise.  Like THP said, I have Pure Evil and yea, evil/hell/devil names are all over the spicy food industry.  I was only commenting I didn't know what a djinn was and when I looked it up, the notes said it poisoned people.

LOL, so you think people will think it's poison?? Because there's a djinn on the label? Lucky Charms are magically delicious but I don't really believe that, or wonder if it's black or white magic.

Monster energy does not have monsters.
Mountain Dew is not some dirty water from the mountain top (debatable).

salsalady said:
My BRAND NAME is "Texas Creek" and is on all my products, and I have one product (Pure Evil) that is potentially offensive.  That one product is marketed to the extreme chilehead market so the potential for offense is negligible because that market is used to extreme names. 

As a sauce maker and product marketer, you have to think long term about who will be buying your products and where they will be marketed.  The general public is not so receptive to labels and names that include devil/hell/evil.  You'll never see names like Ass Reamer Hot Sauce or Satan's Taint Beef Jerky at WholeFoods, supermarkets or high end gourmet food stores.  Those kinds of names are offensive to a large segment of the customer base and stores won't bring it in.  Even customers at farmers markets will be turned off by that.   

If you intent to only sell to the very small market of extreme chileheads who aren't offended by things like that, then that's fine.  But that's quite limiting for your customer base.  My son (age 10-ish at the time) was collecting hot sauces and his uncle gave him a bottle of WhoopAss hot sauce.  He eventually got rid of it because he wasn't allowed to say "ass" and didn't want it in his room.  At that time, I made the commitment to never have a sauce named something my son couldn't or wouldn't be able to say. 

just some things to consider.  Good Luck~ :)
Red Devil hot sauce is mainstream, not extreme or niche. And Halloween is for kids, devils and all. So I don't follow that logic.

I really don't see how a djinn can be compared to an ass taint sauce! I would not buy ass taint either. I don't like toilet humor and food. But folklore and mythology are just a part of the mainstream and always will be. It makes for good branding. But seriously, how can you compare them? This isn't gross out humor.

Yea, that mountain Dew is suspect at best whether it comes from an Appalachian stream or not.... :lol:

Genie/djinn are definitely not the same as gross out labels.  My initial comments were made "in the moment" as I saw the label and looked up "what is a djinn".  The comments about Ass Reamer and Satan's Taint were mentioned only to make the point that a person needs to look long term if they want to go anywhere in the hot sauce business other than an internet website.  Now that I understand what a djinn is, it's not a big deal and if the label looked good etc..I'd probably buy it.   

DjinnPeppers probably wouldn't have any issues getting into stores.  If there's a way to spin something in the romance panel of the label and portray djinns in a positive light, then it's all good.  People learn what a djinn is, how it relates to the product.  I'm making this up now cuz I don't know all about djinns, but something like...  

"djinns are mythical genie-type people who like to play tricks on people.  Just when you're expecting one thing, they deliver something else.  Like the genies of lore, Djinn Pepper Sauces will surprise you at every turn, delivering  more flavor, more heat, and more satisfaction for your tastebuds than you can imagine."

It's just discussion, and opinions for djinn to consider, take it or leave it.  Not saying my opinion is any more right or wrong than anyone else's.  That's what's great about THP.  A person can get a lot of different feedback and then make their own decision.  

But I'm REALLY hoping djinn goes with a djinn image like what THP posted....not the worm.....:)   

I really like SL's idea of a djinn that plays tricks on people with heat...

"No, it's not too hot... mwahahahahahahaha!"

Run with something like that. Heat is just one example. For your hottest sauce.

The Hot Pepper said:
"No, it's not too hot...Trust Me!     mwahahahahahahaha!"

That's what I say to my brother-in-law all the time!!!  
:rofl: 

After 20 years.....I can still get him!   Except now, I have back up.  The 'Kid has a descent tolerance, so he'll do a taste just to show his uncle that "it's not that hot"....  ::mouthonfire: .....  :halo:

:rofl:

Back