• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Comparison review; Cheiro roxa, Fidalgo roxa and CGN21500

I`m calling these 3 The Roxa Family. Many thanks to Ajijoe for the pods, you are a star my friend!

The plants are extremely similar and the pods have a lot of similarities in looks, too. This is the first time I`ve eaten all 3 together in one sitting and I believe the differences in flavor and heat are enough to be able to tell them apart in a blind tasting. They obviously have a lot of overlapping flavours, but each one has it`s own distinctive characteristics. 

Of course, they are all incredibly delicious and well worth growing. Wonderful varieties!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZVEHXD1jQ&feature=youtu.be

Transient Exuberance said:
Nice review. You make me realize just how many pepper varieties I need to try. Thanks for taking the time to describe so many types and doing it so well.
Very kind of you, thanks a lot.

great review

your a mind reader nigel?

i was just thinking about how similar they are last night??

glad you like them and your very welcome
cant wait for the next one

thanks your friend Joe

As usual - a great review. Makes me want to run out to Allentown PA and grab some seeds----but I do think I want to try that 21500 for sure. I am a woose when it comes to chopping them. Pepperoncini is my chopping pepper,
Well thanks again

Nice review.  I received seeds for the CGN21500 from another member, and I'll grow it next year.  Besides being
a pretty pepper, maybe I can eat this one fresh or pickled.

Thanks for another great review, Nigel.

I grew both Chiero Roxa and CGN21500 this year and was surprised at how much I like them.  I probably favor the CGN (as of now) for its large size and fleshy pod.  Mine seemed about as hot as the Chiero, but a bit more fruity - albeit I don't have an advanced palate.  Plus they sure are pretty additions to the garden!

Nigel said:
I`m calling these 3 The Roxa Family. Many thanks to Ajijoe for the pods, you are a star my friend!

The plants are extremely similar and the pods have a lot of similarities in looks, too. This is the first time I`ve eaten all 3 together in one sitting and I believe the differences in flavor and heat are enough to be able to tell them apart in a blind tasting. They obviously have a lot of overlapping flavours, but each one has it`s own distinctive characteristics. 

Of course, they are all incredibly delicious and well worth growing. Wonderful varieties!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZVEHXD1jQ&feature=youtu.be
Great review Nigel! Awesome little pods!

KingChile said:
Damn Nigel WTF u be doing to ur hands lol they are always cut up
That`s what happens when you keep Parrots. They aren`t being nasty, just behaving like parrots. I don`t have feathers for protection, so they take chunks out of me when they want to "discipline" me  ;)

Ok first I want to say you'll never be a hand model. I knew those were parrot love bites long before I scrolled down. I have had many of those same bites on my hands as well.

Now for the review. Simply incredible once again, I had just purchased all three varieties to grow this next season wondering which one I'd like best. You must of read my mind because I was hoping some day you would review and compare all three of these, of course I did not expect you do it in one sitting. But your always full of surprises. Thanks again Nigel keep up the good work. 

SL3 said:
Ok first I want to say you'll never be a hand model. I knew those were parrot love bites long before I scrolled down. I have had many of those same bites on my hands as well.

Now for the review. Simply incredible once again, I had just purchased all three varieties to grow this next season wondering which one I'd like best. You must of read my mind because I was hoping some day you would review and compare all three of these, of course I did not expect you do it in one sitting. But your always full of surprises. Thanks again Nigel keep up the good work. 
Wait a minute, my biggest fantasy is to be a hand model, so you`re saying I might not have a shot???  :cry:

Do you still have parrots?

SL3 said:
No just a bunch of chickens now. 
We had Silkies I hatched from eggs I bought, but they all got eaten by what we think was a Mountain Lion (I found tracks and spoor) in spring this year. We were`t happy. 

Nigel said:
We had Silkies I hatched from eggs I bought, but they all got eaten by what we think was a Mountain Lion (I found tracks and spoor) in spring this year. We were`t happy. 
Tried to PM you. Not going through. Will try later. Yes a Lion, Bobcat, Fox or Coyote all like chicken dinners.

Great concept for a review. Certainly enjoyed it.

I watch enough of your reviews, it would be nice if we could get the state board to approve them for CE credits!

Back