• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Compendium of Pepper Diseases

bloody alibris let me down waited six weeks only find out the didn't actually have it afterall (I have bought a number of books from them and they are usually excellent, but when it comes to chiles I take it very seriously)

I ended up getting a copy from thechilepepperinstitute.org - I have made several purchases from them in the last 18 months and cannot speak highly enough about them. I also have one of the shirts (not highly recommended as the transfer is a rubber iron-on substance and will be sure to tear and come off) and one of their caps which is excellent, so good in fact that if I had two heads I'd be wearing two of them right now instead of just one.

oh, the book, well worth the price. extensive information regarding bacteria, fungi, viruses, insect damage, physiological disorders, herbicide injury and nutritional disorders, not to mention over 100 colour photos showing various damage and impairments. highly recommended.

this is a good companion volume to another of the books available in their online shop - Peppers: Vegetable And Spice Capsicums by Bosland & Votava.

although commercial growers will probably get more out of these tomes than the hobby gardener, if you're anything like me you enjoy having a few pepper books on hand and you can never have enough information about all things chile.

I saw this and thought to myself "Holy crap! Pam is back! YES!" then I read her post further
Must write Santa!
and that threw me off and looked at the post date 11-18-2007 :cry:

EDIT:
It does look like a good book to have on hand

Back