• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Compmodder26's Review Series For Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders - 2013-08-15 7 Pot SR Review Posted

Man ive seen some reviews for example Ted's where he said it was hotter than any HP22b pepper he has had and ive also seen ones like this where they say the pepper aint that shit....weird...maybe a dud?

talking about the Chocolate Moruga btw lol 

Well the Chocolate Moruga is vastly different than the Brown Moruga, with the Brown Moruga being the one that everyone is hailing as devastatingly hot.  The Brown Moruga is without a doubt the hottest thing I've had.  The Chocolate Moruga  strains I did are very unstable with the first not being hot, while the second was extremely hot, yet not still on the level of the Brown Moruga.

Here's my review of the Brown Moruga last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iko35EKzqSc

7 Pot Brainstrain (From Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders):

I tested a 7 Pot Brainstrain in this review. It was actually very similar to the 7 Pot Rennie in flavor and heat. It had a hint of bitterness that was lacking in the Rennie pod I ate.

Heat: 7.5
Flavor: 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcA6FMub7FQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiYHmndhluQL2PQhTlYItkw

White Bhut Jolokia:

White Bhut Jolokias are a really cool pepper.  The flavor is very much similar to a Red Bhut, but quite a bit milder in intensity.  This particular pepper packed quite a bit of sweetness in it as well.  The heat wasn't very intense though.  

Heat: 5
Flavor: 8.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZQGLP5VFRw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiYHmndhluQL2PQhTlYItkw

Great reviews. I`ve not eaten a Rennie yet, but it sounds like fun!

Brain Strains just floor me - huge endorphin rush, pain and HOT. More than almost anything I`ve had.

White Bhuts are great peppers, like a milder version of the yellow with extra sweetness. The one I had wasn`t very hot at all - maybe orange hab hot. 

Nigel said:
Great reviews. I`ve not eaten a Rennie yet, but it sounds like fun!

Brain Strains just floor me - huge endorphin rush, pain and HOT. More than almost anything I`ve had.

White Bhuts are great peppers, like a milder version of the yellow with extra sweetness. The one I had wasn`t very hot at all - maybe orange hab hot. 

Thanks Nigel.

The Rennie really is a good pepper.  I would call it a "jack of all trades" since it is good in all categories, but just doesn't excel.

You are with the vast majority as far as the Brainstrain is concerned.  I've gone straight to Cappy himself to get pods, thinking surely his would have the heat that everyone raves about.  But alas, it just doesn't happen for me.

The white bhuts are indeed wonderful peppers.  Sounds like your assessment pretty much mirrors mine.

Thanks for watching my friend!

I hope you have something special to eat on your birthday - - - - - or maybe you`ll give you stomach a rest on its birthday!!!

Nigel said:
I hope you have something special to eat on your birthday - - - - - or maybe you`ll give you stomach a rest on its birthday!!!

Hehe, actually just finished the review for the Naga Morich.  Figured I'd do it now so I can enjoy myself tonight! :)

But I'm planning to eat a Primo with my dinner tonight, so I won't be totally void of anything hot this evening.

Naga Morich:

This Naga Morich was quite a bit different for me. The pod shape looked Nagaish enough, but the flavor was completely different than what I typically expect from a Naga Morich. The heat was pretty spot on though.

Heat: 7.5
Flavor: 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rEImTSuXuw

Nice job on that one. Good-sized pod for a Naga. I love the flavor as well.

So maybe here`s another difference between us. I do not find Nagas very hot. Even a couple of large, very strong smelling Dorset Nagas were just Meh in terms of heat! Mind you, they all really hurt my stomach like few others (Reaper, Sepia Serpent)

Yea man, great reviews! 

Another note on stomach pain.  I try to go every other day (unless I get a dud) and it definitely helps.  If not for cap cramps, it is much better for the digestive system...lol.

It is tough sometimes when you get a pkg or pods from a friend or vendor because you wanna do them all (and some expect you to).  But I usually ask what they really want reviewed, do those first, and then decide from there what is still fresh.  Usually I get about 6 or 7 days before there is some noticeable heat decrease and I would rather not review something if it is not at its full potential.  I haven't ran into anyone that has complained, but I am sure that goes into some people's thought process. 

Those who don't eat pods like this really don't understand the toll it can take on your stomach. It can really mess with you if you do a ton back to back. Sure, we could just not do it but, I love reviewing pods for people.  As a personal rule I always make sure that whoever is sending it to me is down with my "style" beforehand so there is no surprises.  Keeps everyone happy.

There needs to be a :gettingdownoffsoapbox: emoticon.  Mods..make it happen. :)

MGOLD86 said:
Yea man, great reviews! 

Another note on stomach pain.  I try to go every other day (unless I get a dud) and it definitely helps.  If not for cap cramps, it is much better for the digestive system...lol.

It is tough sometimes when you get a pkg or pods from a friend or vendor because you wanna do them all (and some expect you to).  But I usually ask what they really want reviewed, do those first, and then decide from there what is still fresh.  Usually I get about 6 or 7 days before there is some noticeable heat decrease and I would rather not review something if it is not at its full potential.  I haven't ran into anyone that has complained, but I am sure that goes into some people's thought process. 

Those who don't eat pods like this really don't understand the toll it can take on your stomach. It can really mess with you if you do a ton back to back. Sure, we could just not do it but, I love reviewing pods for people.  As a personal rule I always make sure that whoever is sending it to me is down with my "style" beforehand so there is no surprises.  Keeps everyone happy.

There needs to be a :gettingdownoffsoapbox: emoticon.  Mods..make it happen. :)

Yeah, I certainly feel compelled to do a review for every pod I get.  I'd hate to get the pod for the specific purpose of reviewing, then not be able to get to it.  I'm going to continue to try to do them every night, unless I get completely tore up from a review.  The next series of reviews I do, I'm going to mix up Todd's Elixir and see how that helps.

I have noticed that if I do a review and leave myself plenty of time to be awake afterwards, it doesn't seem to hit my stomach nearly as bad.  It's when I do a review right before I go to bed, and the pod is decently hot, then I tend to wake up with the bad cramps.  I wonder if it's due to me sleeping and my body not digesting the food/pepper as quickly, then it just sits in my stomach allowing the capsaicin to spread to the walls of my stomach.  Just a theory of mine, no proof to back it up other than what I described above.  If that is true, then I'm still SOL.  I have to wait for my kids to go to bed before I do a review, otherwise they become a major distraction.

Back