• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Compost tea plus what else?

Two things: mixing sulphur and neem isn't a good idea, from the things I've read. Also, do a search on BT toxin and Monsanto's uses on nearly all the food in grocery stores. You'll probably decide against using bt after that.

BT explodes what ever animals stomach that eats it...

ok, got lots of bees and some predator wasps running around, I'm not using said "crap" above. I just woke up after my wonderful 16 hour graveyard shift and I'm about to start brewing. I'll just dose with this tea and pray my thai sun and bird's eye fight this crap off.

Pepper201257.jpg

these spots have spread all over even after the hydroxide bath....primarily on old growth from what I can tell...every leaf that has a spot turns yellow and is aborted from the plant.

BT explodes what ever animals stomach that eats it...

Yes but only the bugs in which it is intended to kill....caterpillars with BTk, mosquitos, gnats etc with BTi. It won't harm beneficial bugs like bees, ladybugs, etc.
In fact BTi won't kill caterpillars it has to be BTk

So you only spray compost tea on your plants a couple of times a season?

Ok, I started my tea (green grass clippings, some pine straw clippings, and some clippings of ground cover that grows like a weed, a 1/3 bottle of grandma's unsulphured molasses, and about 3 cups or worm castings). The water I used this time has been in an open 5 gallon container for 4 days, so hopefully no chlorine left to inhibit bacterial and fungal culture production.
IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

This was my thinking as I made this batch of tea to be used in approx 24 hours. If I spray with peroxide solution, then the current bacteria (good and bad) will be inhibited or killed - so, If I remove the good and bad bacteria with the peroxide solution, then when I dose with this batch of tea, the good microbes should have a better head start than the bad microbes in establishing themselves on the leaves....-----> Hope this is justified logic, because I sprayed the plants down with peroxide solution again tonight while awaiting the batch of tea.

I sat down to pull off the diseased leaves and was shocked when I really had a closer look....those spots are every damn where! So, there was a leaf pulling massacre. If there was a branch off of the main stem that had more than 5 diseased leaves, it was cut from the stem. New growth from the main stems was also removed and the remaining stal thinned out to give more space between the healthiest remaining branches....

The plants look scalped now....probably tossed 500+ green peppers and newly pollinated flowers :violin: ...

After this was done and all my remaining mature plants sprayed with peroxide solution, my attention was diverted to my 12 CCN 7pots and trinidad scorps. These has had some aphids damage upon arrival and a few aphids remaining - I sprayed them with insecticidal soap yesterday evening to wipe the remaining aphids....well, well, well....checked them tonight and there are aphids on every damn leaf underside....hundreds of aphids, hundreds :!:

So to hell with that, I mixed up a batch of the neem, sulfur, carboxyl stuff and sprayed the hell out of them...

What is going on this season??? I have never had issues like this before, ever.

The only positive I had today was the finding of this beauty on my caribbean red hab...
IMG_0365.jpg

Im going to eat it tonight and hopefully burn away my sorrows.... :fireball:

What is going on this season??? I have never had issues like this before, ever.
Well...that is a great question. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to beleive there are major agriculture experiments going on and that a lot of growers are being affected by stronger/more resistant strains of harmful fungi, bacteria, and viruses. When the worlds largest food producers are also the worlds largest pesticide producers, something is wrong.

UPDATE: In a fit of Madness, and I stress Madness, I ate half of the Caribbean Red Habanero. That was the hottest thing I have ever put into my mouth hands down...I have had Naga's and Bhut's from my garden in previous years, can eat orange habs with little difficulty, and have tried extracts like Mad Dog and Satan's blood...

This damn pepper tried to kill me...I drank a quart of milk and tore through a carton of Publix's finest vanilla ice cream and still burned for a damn 1hr and 15 minutes....I thought I was going to convulse. I recorded me eating it in different intervals of the burn....may post them later if anyone cares to enjoy my sadist self infliction.

Well...that is a great question. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to beleive there are major agriculture experiments going on and that a lot of growers are being affected by stronger/more resistant strains of harmful fungi, bacteria, and viruses. When the worlds largest food producers are also the worlds largest pesticide producers, something is wrong.

Something is definitely wrong....It's just like what we see in medicine now. Bacteria and viruses morphing constantly and becoming immune to prior treatments that had never failed before. Constant and continual use fo antibiotics when someone has a sniffle. Now we have Multi-drug resistant strains of gram + and - organisms.

Back