wine Concentrate wine mixed berry

And got this off another forum great recipe. 10 cans of mixed frozen concentrate or preference 10 lb sugar with yeast. makes a great little cocktail. Just did the first rack out of plastic fermenter into the glass carboy now to wait for it to clear a little more
4d3ef39d0346cf1cf33d8bbf13b618f6.jpg
074b836ac80404987ed98d8536d94804.jpg

Hawaiianero said:
more detail please.... :drooling:
Brazedowl's Recipe from HBT these recipe got me getting creative edge 

So I got started in winemaking with regular frozen concentrates from Walmart. I have made MANY different wines as variations of this basic recipe below. They turn out sweet and high octane and very enjoyable. I get particularly high praise from those who "don't like wine". It's also super easy for noobs.

~~Ingredients~~
10# Sugar
10 Containers Frozen Concentrate (your choice)
1 tbls nutrient
1 tbls energizer
1pkt Montrachet yeast
Water to 5.5 gal

~~Prep~~
1) dissolve sugar, nutrient, energizer, in 1-2 gallons of warm water. I kept it on the stove on the lowest setting until it was all dissolved. Stir regularly or the sugar will stick to the bottom.

2) Choose any ten concentrates. Cranberry, apple, grape, daquri, lemonade... mix and match however you like! Let them completely thaw out to room temp. That way you're not trying to add hot water to compensate for the 10 blocks of ice you just put in the bucket/carboy.

3) Add concentrate to bucket. Rinse out each container and add rinsing to primary.

4) Once contents of the pot on the stove are dissolved pour over the bags and stir.

5) If using a brew bucket add water until at 5.5-6 gallons. If using a carboy add water until up to the neck. Add airlock and wait.

A week or two later...

6) Once airlock bubbling has slowed to a near stop, rack off lees into a secondary. If you're really new and only have this one fermenting container. You can just leave it in there until it's clear and then bottle. I haven't had any spoiled wines that way either.

7) Add Airlock. let sit until clear.

Month or two later.... 

8) Bottle. I'm partial to beer bottles for this type of brew. Crown caps and cheaper and beer bottles are more plentiful. Also it makes for nice single serving bottles. 
clear.png

9) Enjoy

~~Add your twist~~
A) Mix and match your concentrates

B) Start experimenting with the effects of acid blends, different types of sugar, tannin, yeasts.

C) Consider spices (Cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves, etc) for holiday brews.

D) Swap out some concentrate for pie fillings (Cherry, Blueberry, Blackberry, etc). Some flavors aren't available cheaply in a local store as concentrate. Save the fruit after the primary and use in pies still. 
clear.png

~~Moral of the story~~
Cheap ($20-$25). Easy SWEET. Enjoyed by all.

Dane said:
I do something similar with  old orchard frozen apple cherry concentrate. 8 cans & 5lbs honey. Rack to secondary to clear then when I bottle I add 1.5 -2 cans concentrate. Makes a mean sparkling cyser.

do you use wire tie bottles or keg it ? sparkling cider bubbly? been putting together a herbal wine recipe look over other recipes  

I use beer bottles and wine bottles. No kegs. If I had the extra 250 I'd definitely invest in a kegging setup.
Yes bubbly but not like champagne. Just a light to moderate carbonation. Less than or the same as a beer depending on the style. The addition of the honey kinda blends cider and mead into different a category called a cyser. If you combine herbs and/or spices with honey as the primary fermentable you would have what is called a metheglin. I make a counter top version.
Chamomile(small handful) Ginger(2" or more if u like Ginger) into 1-2 cups boiling water for about 5min. Remove from heat, let stand till cool. Strain it into your 1 gallon fermenter(growler,bucket,jug,bottle,etc) add 1-3lbs of honey(depending on desired strength. I don't recommend much more for this recipe it'll get pretty strong) then top up w/ water cap and shake to mix. Add yeast(you can use almost any yeast here even bread yeast) after a few days of fermentation you can begin to consume. It's a cloudy yeasty sweet brew that I think is excellent. Good for an upset tummy(too many poppers lol) and a sleep aid after 2 glasses. You can also let it finish and clear before you drink it.

Dane said:
I use beer bottles and wine bottles. No kegs. If I had the extra 250 I'd definitely invest in a kegging setup.
Yes bubbly but not like champagne. Just a light to moderate carbonation. Less than or the same as a beer depending on the style. The addition of the honey kinda blends cider and mead into different a category called a cyser. If you combine herbs and/or spices with honey as the primary fermentable you would have what is called a metheglin. I make a counter top version.
Chamomile(small handful) Ginger(2" or more if u like Ginger) into 1-2 cups boiling water for about 5min. Remove from heat, let stand till cool. Strain it into your 1 gallon fermenter(growler,bucket,jug,bottle,etc) add 1-3lbs of honey(depending on desired strength. I don't recommend much more for this recipe it'll get pretty strong) then top up w/ water cap and shake to mix. Add yeast(you can use almost any yeast here even bread yeast) after a few days of fermentation you can begin to consume. It's a cloudy yeasty sweet brew that I think is excellent. Good for an upset tummy(too many poppers lol) and a sleep aid after 2 glasses. You can also let it finish and clear before you drink it.
Wow that's cool I was just wondering how carbonated it got. I did a batch of hard lemonade and used new clear tabs in each bottle to carbonate the beer bottles of lemonade I only noticed a little carbonation after the sat for long time guess be cause I let the yeast play out of sugar and some yeast may have not made it to the bottling or the tabs are not as sugary as the honey best guess thanks GG

Greenguru said:
Wow that's cool I was just wondering how carbonated it got. I did a batch of hard lemonade and used new clear tabs in each bottle to carbonate the beer bottles of lemonade I only noticed a little carbonation after the sat for long time guess be cause I let the yeast play out of sugar and some yeast may have not made it to the bottling or the tabs are not as sugary as the honey best guess thanks GG

Yeh bottle conditioning can be tricky sometimes. Especially if you haven't made a particular recipe before.
I haven't used the drops before but have herd mixed results. From bottle bombs to no carb or even takes a year to carb up. And your right many factors can contribute to poor results. Type of yeast, amount of yeast, health of yeast, conditioning temp, abv of the batch, etc. If I have left a batch to bulk age or clear up and want to carbonate when bottling, I will add a half to full packet of dry neutral/bottling yeast to be sure it will carbonate well in a timely manner. What is really tricky though, trying to bottle sweet sparkling wine/ciders. I just cheat now mostly and use a soda stream.

Dane said:

Yeh bottle conditioning can be tricky sometimes. Especially if you haven't made a particular recipe before.
I haven't used the drops before but have herd mixed results. From bottle bombs to no carb or even takes a year to carb up. And your right many factors can contribute to poor results. Type of yeast, amount of yeast, health of yeast, conditioning temp, abv of the batch, etc. If I have left a batch to bulk age or clear up and want to carbonate when bottling, I will add a half to full packet of dry neutral/bottling yeast to be sure it will carbonate well in a timely manner. What is really tricky though, trying to bottle sweet sparkling wine/ciders. I just cheat now mostly and use a soda stream.
The yeast I use champagne yeast 1118 I think and in the lemonade it's a trick to get it rocking in the lemonade I just prestart in jar and I do try to let it play out for the sake of abv I will be bottling and try for carbonation in a 12 pack of this wine after it sits for a while . I racked it other day I started it in July of 2017 and racked it for first time and bottled two for cooking and my ghost sauce
5fd2ecd46f3d584886bcc839c1dbb474.jpg

Back