• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

I am in for the contest. I have eaten half a Naga and do not want that prize again, there was no seeds or membrane and do not care to have them.
Dan

LET IT BURN

Pam said:
That's a good idea. Perhaps we could appoint non-participants as judges of ripeness. Say, maybe that would be a good use for all the Australians we have cluttering up the place!

Good idea - All ripe pods should be sent to me for proper analysis :cool:
Special consideration will be given to contestants who also send sauce, seeds, jerky, booze & cash :D

Canuk Pepperhead said:
my buddy is starting some for me this weekend under his lights beside his..ahem...other plants lol

If you could cross pollinate them, imaguitargod would be in heaven.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
my buddy is starting some for me this weekend under his lights beside his..ahem...other plants lol
lol, we have a lot of those here.
When I buy my gear (Metal Halide and stuff), most (if not all) people think I grow Cannabis, and that's because they are growing some them selfs.

Here's a picture explaining how to grow plants indoors from one of the major stores around here:
5366.gif

Surprise, surprise... :lol:

Omri said:
Here's a picture explaining how to grow plants indoors from one of the major stores around here:

Strange but I can only read the top line. Does this mean I fail my next driving test or you will translate everything :D ....

....no need, I think I can see what they're pretending to grow. :lol:

I am in too, but I have to order Naga Morich seeds. Suggestions Pam?

I just bid 3.00 for 10 Naga Morich seeds on ebay. Auction is over in less than two days.

AlabamaJack said:
I am in too, but I have to order Naga Morich seeds. Suggestions Pam?

Stop looking at me like that. Did I say anything about having extra seeds? No, I did not.

I just bid 3.00 for 10 Naga Morich seeds on ebay. Auction is over in less than two days.

Um, let's just forget I said anything, ok?

LUCKYDOG said:
But thats the only time they itch though :(

That would be incorrect. They also itch when you've just cut into the cecum of a peromyscus to look for pinworms. Like, on Tuesday.

Inside the large intestine of a field mouse is hardly a place where I can be found besides it would make my keyboard sticky and gross with icky things....

LUCKYDOG said:
Inside the large intestine of a field mouse is hardly a place where I can be found besides it would make my keyboard sticky and gross with icky things....

That's why you wear gloves. And, yes, I shall be adding "when counting Naga Morich seeds" to the "When is it socially acceptable to wear latex" list.

Getting organized

Ok, here's my thoughts.

1. The contest starts at 12:00 AM GMT, January 1, 2008. Go to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ to see what time that is in your time zone.

2. "Start" means whatever the first step in planting is for you. That means if you soak your seeds or just stick 'em in the seed starting medium, 12:00 AM GMT is when you start. You can fill your seed cups and have lights, etc. in place before hand. It's the actual manipulation of the seeds -aside from a little fondling - that can't start until 12:00 AM GMT, January 1, 2008.

3. Use your The Hot Pepper blog to chronicle your progress and post pictures.

4. This is just for fun and bragging rights, so please remember to keep it fun.

5. When you think you have a ripe pod, post enough pictures that the judges can make sure there are no green patches.

6. Judges..we need at least 3 so there are no ties. Preferably they would be members in good standing who check in regularly. We can probably twist Bentalphanerd's arm...anybody else want to volunteer?

7. This is for fun. I think bribing and sucking up to the judges should be part of the fun.

Anything else?

Does everyone who's interested have seeds?

Back