• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest ideas/input needed

salsalady

eXtreme Business
Mods- please move this to Contests, Etc if necessary. I posted in The Lounge to hopefully get more input. I'm trying to come up with a challenge using Pure Evil drops, so if that counts as promotion, it's all good, and move it if needed. Thanks-

I'm looking at a couple different ideas for a spicy food eating contest using Pure Evil Capsaicin Drops and want to get some feed back. We'll be doing some kind of a spicy challenge at the NW Chilefest in September, but I'm also looking for something that could work at a larger festival also.

One of the first ideas that came up was 5 drops Pure Evil in Cup-O-Noodles. JayT did 5 drops in a review and it was pretty da-gone hot. I think several people have done 1-5 drops in Top Ramen or Cup-O-Soup. Basically, the first person to finish their soup, and then maybe wait 1-2 minutes, wins.

The other idea is.....Pure Evil Bubble Gum Bubble Blowing Challenge. 3-5 drops of Pure Evil on/in a piece of bubble gum, the contestant has to chew up the gum and blow a bubble to be the winner.

I just did a bubble gum test run here-

Now- a couple questions, concerns, thoughts for the 2 different contests are-

some people have a wheat allergy, so noodles would be out
some people have other allergies, so would the dried corn/carrots/peas have to come out of the cup-o-soup...or use a different brand...
some people can't blow a bubble
should there be a waiting time
maybe just regular gum with 5 drops and watch 'em squirm....but it's kinda fun to watch people try to blow a bubble

What are your thoughts, or other ideas?
Thanks-

SL

ps- salsakid did the vid and chose the background music, wants to know if anyone can ID the music. :cool:

I think that's a "sweet" idea! Never thought about gettin my face ripped off by bubblegum... but hell yeah!
I don't think it's possible to find any kind of contest that everyone can join in on. I say go for it!

BTW..... The beats sound a bit like the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Can't Stop" :dance:

I like the bubble gum idea. It would be a unique contest for people to try. I think trying to have them blow a bubble would make it a little more challenging. You could add a twist and the bubble has to be a certain size also. That way its not just the mouth burn but a lip burn thrown in there too. :hell: :rofl:

I also agree that it was the red hot chili peppers in the background.

Pop-Corn Roulette?
20 kernels of popped corn, 5 of them have P.E. on them.
Placed in a row, or a circle on a paper plate, everyone doing the challenge eats one kernel at the same time.
Round 2 and so on and so on. Whoever makes it to round 20 is the dominator.
You could do more than 5 drops, or less kernels, or whatever.
5 drops seems to be about the max everyday hot heads can do at one time,
so there should probably be at least 5 drops in any P.E. challenge.

?? amount of drops on peanut butter on a cracker and whoever can whistle first after eating it, without taking a drink wins :)

BTW..... The beats sound a bit like the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Can't Stop" :dance:

SalsaKid says :clap: and if he was logged in he would :like: that. :lol:

Popcorn roulette.....Hmmmmm....that's one to think about. To be fair, every kernel would have to have a drop, then round 2 would be 2 drops, round 3 etc...to the end.... last person standing could be at 2 drops or 10 drops, depending on the contest...

PB Crackers and whistling. ... :lol: .... that would be fun to watch! Cracker whistling is always a hoot. Not sure how the heat from the drops would come through on a cracker. It is about the heat factor, so that would have to be a major thing.

farmerguy....Pure Evil Visene......I'll leave that one for you and that Ted guy to try...(that is a wicked idea, just not a safe one.)

Good Point HH81, that's also part of this discussion. Thanks for bringing that up.

Some (a lot) of people don't know how to whistle. How many don't know how to blow a bubble? Is it OK to have a contest which requires performing a task or feat other than just eating something and enduring the heat? Or should it be just "eat it and suffer"?

If you were to put 1 drop of PE on every kernel, it would remove the element of surprise.
If everyone in the challenge must eat 1 kernel every 20 seconds, some might get a hot one, some might not.
That is what will make it fun. Some will drop out after the first hot one they get, if they cant continue the 20 second interval.
Others might get to 3 hot ones, and not want to chance it any more.

The element of surprise is a fun factor, but a loser in a "legitimate" contest would claim..."I ate 5 kernels in a row with PE drops and this guy only ate 1 kernel with PE". To be a legit contest that might work at a big festival, every contestant has to have the same thing. Whether it's wings from the same bowl, or brownies or lolly pops, all the contestants must be faced with the same challenge.

now....PE popcorn roulette would definitely be a fun drinking chileheads game. ..... :halo:...... Hmmmm, maybe a fun thing for a young teens gathering....:evil:

Maybe I'm not being clear, probably a dumb idea anyways. I'll try one more time...

Every contestant has 20 kernels. 5 of the 20 have 1 drop of PE each.
1 kernel every 15 or 20 seconds, timed.
If you happen to get your 5 hot ones first, then it won't be any trouble to finish th 20.
Chances of that happening are slim. But no matter what, after the average person hits three, they might not continue.

I got the idea from a wing challenge Seth did at Peppers at the beach, Wing Roulette,
10 wings and three were super hot. It was more of a speed eating thing that doesn't really apply to PE.
He was the only one to finish out of like, 12 contestants.

Use a needle to inject .1cc of the stuff into a piece of candy...

I bet there are not very many people that cannot eat chocolate.

Same amount of P.E. per candy, with a variety of candies - reeces cups, milky way, that type of candy...

You can get the big multi-variety bags.

You might need to try one before hand to make sure the chocolate doesn't mess with the heat.

Or hersheys kisses... heat up a nail, and create a cavity inside, drop in the PE, use the warm nail to melt the chocolate back over the hole...

Also - I like that idea S.D. I would hope for my first 5 kernels to be hot. then its smooth sailing.

BG..can't blow you no play......side contest = piece in and chew for 3 minutes with out drinking anything or spitting.

OK!!!! Scovie- Now I Get IT!!!

I thought there were 20 kernels on a plate and each contestant took one kernel.... not that each contestant had a plate of 20 kernels that they had to eat and which order they got the kernels in was the roulette factor.
:lightbulb:

That makes sense and would be equal.

Hmmmm now.....good idea!!!!!

:crazy: to me for not understanding. Sorry~

JAG- yea, not being able to blow a bubble is a criteria or deal breaker for a bubble gum challenge. Even after this brief discussion, I'm thinking it needs to be a simple "eat the heat and suffer" type of challenge.

JCR- any candy would diminish the heat of the Pure Evil simply because of the sugar in candy. Which could be countered by adding more. Injecting or even putting drops onto candy pieces would something to consider.... hot candy has already been a contest.

Thanks for the good ideas, everyone... keep 'em coming~

the bubble gum idea really is pure evil though. You'd have to stick your tongue right into the middle and use your lips to hold it back - I mean, pushing north of crazy heat levels, that's just plain mean to make someone do.

Awesome video - good bubble. :cheers:

Need 3-4 drops. And a big chunk of bubblicious.

I think you need to time them chewing it for like 20-30 seconds, THEN make them blow the bubble. Give them time to get a little stew cookin' in their mouf.

any big chunk of bubble gum needs a good 2-3 minutes chewing to get it all worked out and to be able to blow a bubble. Chewing a piece of gum with 4-5 drops of Pure Evil for 3-4 minutes...and it would definitely need more than 1 drop to make it a really good challenge.....

There was a big difference in chewing a chunk of bubblicious or the flat piece that I used just with the volume of gum being chewed.

Oh,yeah....some good ideas brewing....

Nice SL.

What's with the fake bubblegum?

There's only one true bubblegum.

Bazooka Joe.

Have to get it where you blow a big honkin' bubble that covers half your face when it bursts.

That might hurt a little.

Sounds like we should bring goggles for our eyes protection :)

I think we should kinda do a combine on the two popcorn ideas, 5 popcorns with PE on them but have 3 with one drop, one with two and another with 3 :twisted: No more than three or it might get a bit soggy.

Of course that's just $.02. Another idea on "eat the heat and suffer" is a marothon where we impliment a couple ideas. Eat the popcorn, blow the bubble, and whitsle with PB crackers. :evil: :)

How about 5 drops of P.E. (or an appropriate amount that doesn't make it fall apart and waste the expensive extract) on a cheeze-it or a small cracker of some sort...

OR

Take a Butch T, Bhut, 7pot, (etc) and fill the cavity with 5 drops of P.E.

MUST EAT ENTIRE POD.

HE or SHE who eats the most pods wins.

Back