• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

CONTEST (three catagories) WIN SEEDS. CLOSED

Let me quess. Everyone already has seeds and no one has children. And no body has time to draw or post a pick that their child had done. I get it.

I appreciate those who have entered the contest.

I will let it go untill the said ending of the contest, but am saddened that it did not go over better than this.

Rymerpt said:
 Everyone already has seeds

I think this is the issue, right here. I think, by this point,  just about everybody here has a pretty good handle on what seeds they want to go with for this season. 
     It's like that contest I did last fall where I gave away a SFRB of reapers. I think like three people entered cuz most of us were already in "what the hell am I going to do with all these pods I grew?" mode. Just like right now most of us are focused on the seedlings we already have. And some of us are wondering why se started so many .  :crazy:
     I bet if you held a contest giving away fresh pods, you'd get some takers!  ;)

Rymerpt said:
Well hello there boys and girls.
I thought it would be fun to involve our kids in a seed contest.
I have fifty different seeds in my collection. Time to share.
Here is what I have in mind:
Three categories:
Age 3 - 11 year olds
Age 12 - 17 year olds
Age 18 - 100 year olds
One prize of ten seed packets per category.
Winner of youngest category gets first pick.
Mid age range gets second pick.
Elders get third pick.
I want the younguns to score.
I want to see drawings, scetches, paintings. Things you would post on the fridge.
Entries must include proof. A reference to THP WILL BE FINE or the kid holding up the pic.
Contest ends midnight March 6th PST. I will judge Saturday March 7th.
US ONLY PLEASE (sorry)
Here is the seed list:
Aji lemon
Aji peruvian red
Aji pineapple
Aleppo
Barrack pore 7
Bishops crown
Black congo
Brazilian ghost
Brazilian starfish
Brown moruga
Caramel 7
Caramel bhut
Caribbean red
Cayenne hot
Chocolate fatalli
Chocolate hab
Douglah
De arbol
Fatalli red
Fatalli
Huge naga
Goat weed
Jonah 7
Jamaican Chocolate
Manzano
Peach bhut
Peruvian white hab
Prik kee nuu
Primo 7
Primo
Purple Jalapeno
Reaper
Red Bhut
Red rocoto
Scorpion Tongue
Scotch Bonnet
serrano
Sweet apple pepper
Tepin
Tepin X lemon drop f1
Tepin X lemon drop f2
Thai
Thai dragon
Thai long hot (mild)
Thai short hot
Trinadad Scorpion chocolate
Trinadad Scorpion red
Trinadad yellow
yellow Manzano
Zimbabway bird

Any more contestants out there?

WINNER OF CATAGORY # 1 = zdecker's daughter

zdecker said:
Here's one from my 11 year old. Told her she could draw anything but she wanted to stick to the pepper theme.

CATAGORY # 2 we had no entries

WINNER OF CATAGORY # 3 = keybrdkid

keybrdkid said:
my entry:

"Souvenir Fish"

the models

Thanks for joining my contest. I will need your address and seed choices please.

Just a quick shoutout to Rymerpt for the seeds.  Got them today and my daughter can't wait to plant them.  Good timing as the weather is FINALLY starting to break around here.  Thanks Again :cheers:

zdecker said:
Just a quick shoutout to Rymerpt for the seeds.  Got them today and my daughter can't wait to plant them.  Good timing as the weather is FINALLY starting to break around here.  Thanks Again :cheers:

AWESOME. ENJOY

Back