Cooking w/pressure!!!

I am having trouble cooking the HOT peppers in the house w/out driving out my wife and children. Is their any tips on how to do this without the fumes?? Has anyone ever used a pressure cooker?? will it cook peppers w/no fumes??

Help please,
vlkno:)

Doesn't a pressure cooker have a valve that lets out steam to keep the pressure constant? If so I imagine that would let the heat out.

Good luck though, that is a fight that occurs regularly between chileheads and their significant others.

I have to give a day or two notice so they can plan to vacate the premises for the afternoon/evening.

When cooking/dehydrating, I have been exiled to my storage shed...

vlkno said:
Is their any tips on how to do this without the fumes??
Nope, you are doomed. If you have a good motorized hood/vent it'll take alot of the edge off, but not all. Ditch the kids and wife....peppers are more fun :lol:

O.K., so I cook my food outside from now on, no prob.... but when I come home w/some habs from the store in the winter, like I have been doing, I will need to eat some whole in order to keep warm as I cook in the -10 degree weather that we will soon be having....but it will be worth it...it will be worth it...it will be worth it...right???
mark:)

I usually take the squirrels approach, stockpile in the fall for the winter. Make powders, can, pickle, freeze so you have peppers for the winter. Or if the world is coming to an end and you have no peppers and can't find any head for Fort Worth. There is a man there with a bunker and enough peppers to save us all...

JayT said:
I usually take the squirrels approach, stockpile in the fall for the winter. Make powders, can, pickle, freeze so you have peppers for the winter. Or if the world is coming to an end and you have no peppers and can't find any head for Fort Worth. There is a man there with a bunker and enough peppers to save us all...

roflmao @ JayT....don't know about a bunker, but I got a few "stashed".. :P

may not be able to get any gas masks from my aviation buddies, but I bet you The Creator can tell you where to get some... :lol:

AlabamaJack said:
may not be able to get any gas masks from my aviation buddies, but I bet you The Creator can tell you where to get some... :lol:

hell, he's got them in every room of the house

Back