• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cool and new varieties for the 2013 season

1. I found a few yellow brain strain pods that tasted different from all the other ones. They had a yellow taste and a red taste mixed in the same pod (hard to explain). The heat was way intense that was worse than my Morugas I grew last year. I took seeds from only the best pods (which had come from different plants) and will look to try and get plants that will make the exact taste and heat I found from those few pods.

2. I was looking for a hot stuffing pepper, so I put Bhut Jolokia pollen on some banana peppers. I pollinated 4 peppers. I will try about 20 seeds from each pepper first, just to see if any of them become a really hot banana pepper with a yellow taste, and go from there.

3. I just got some seeds from Ajijoe of the peach bhuts, sound yummy. Got a while to go on those before I get to taste anything.

ooooooooooo, choc. brains? How do those compare to Douglahs?

Ran into an old friend from Trinidad in town yesterday. He goes back 4 times a year and will be bring back a bunch of seeds for me. We'll have to see what new things pop up. :)

Will be doing some crossing this season and will grow out in 2014 season. Here are a few.
HP22B(A strain) x Butch T (Mississippi strain)
7 pot Primo x 7 pot Brown
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion x HP22B(A strain)
Brown Rocoto x Red Rocoto
Aji Pineapple x Aji Dulce
T.S. Choc.(sr) x 7 pot Primo
:)
Will see what forms next year!

New this year, but I`m nowhere near up with the times! - Mustard Scorpions, Chocolate Scorpions, 7-pot primo, HP22b-A, Burmese bird. But, I`m pumped to grow any peppers. I have an Indian annuum that a friend brought back from India (Calcutta area) that he said was very hot. Got 1 germinated out of 30 seeds, so I`ll be isolating that one for more seed production.

Standbyandfire - where did you find Brown Rocoto seeds? I`m a big fan of C.pubescens and my yellow manzano is just starting to flower. I germinated it outdoors in november and left it outside all winter. It started to take of big time in february. I`m sure I could have done a better job, but benign neglect seems to work.

My Rocoto Brown came from a friend in Italy. Putting all my Rocoto's in pots and in a nicd shaded area. The Georgia heat beats them up a good bit if not in the shade.

I really look forward to these and I see that not many are growing it.

-Choco "big bang" Naga
-Billy boy Jonah
-Billy boy Douglah
-White fatalii
-Naga Viper
-Huge twisted choco Habanero

I also have seeds for the sepia srpent and others, but I want to wait til next season or get a head start and do those in November.

, Vegas

New this year, but I`m nowhere near up with the times! - Mustard Scorpions, Chocolate Scorpions, 7-pot primo, HP22b-A, Burmese bird. But, I`m pumped to grow any peppers. I have an Indian annuum that a friend brought back from India (Calcutta area) that he said was very hot. Got 1 germinated out of 30 seeds, so I`ll be isolating that one for more seed production.

Standbyandfire - where did you find Brown Rocoto seeds? I`m a big fan of C.pubescens and my yellow manzano is just starting to flower. I germinated it outdoors in november and left it outside all winter. It started to take of big time in february. I`m sure I could have done a better job, but benign neglect seems to work.
Hey Nigel, I may have a extra Brown Rocoto seedling, maybe others. Seeds for sure, I will check.

How stable is this Chocolate Brainstrain?

I'm excited for Ice Scream Scorpion, MoA Jamaican Scotch Bonnets the most, Reapers and Primos. Lots of stuff lol.

Any one have any HP22B live plants they want to sell? I'll pay good money!

I'm not sure he sells live plants but Ed's located in Fort Mill.

Will give most of it away. Take what I want and share the heat. Same with the reg. garden veggies. Will net about 35 varieties as well.

Doubt I'm growing anything you're not (based on what you've listed here) but later in the season I'd love to trade some pods with you if you want.

Hmmm.
Cool and new varieties??
Well, only 3 of the types I am growing---Reaper, Primo, Charleston--- come from fairly positive isolated seed.
All the rest come from purchased pods,or non isolated seed, so evey one has the possibility of being a cross of some sort.
BB Douglah ,White Bhut, and a Reaper plants purchased from a member are probably true, but I already have a Bolivian Rainbow with white flowers and pods that is fast to mature, and a 7P yellow that is trying to become a tree.
A Bunch of them may turn out "interesting".

I think I'm most looking forward to Patricks SB7J (Cheers Patrick). Can't wait till it starts fruiting!!! Also looking forward to trying the reaper, two plants both looking good : )

For me the ones I'm most excited about is the Sepia Serpent, Yellow Billy Boy Douglah, and Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Ditto... plus Bahamian goat, some bonnets, 7 pot brown, wild brazil, peach bhut, Yel cardi scorps, orange scorps, yel moruga scorps, a few 7 pots (bubblegum, 007, jonah, barrack, chagu, white and more) & a handful of white podded plants, big and small. Also can't forget aji pineapple and golden marconi. And jalapeno m, found my purchased seeds for the 2009 growing season that were the hottest jalapenos i have every had. I lost them and didn't end up growing any last year, but now they are found and a few seeds cracked! And big jims too. I am excited about a few more im sure. :)

Back