• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Corned Beef & Taters

At first I thought I was just throwing a bunch of random things together, but it turned out so amazing that I had to share.

To start with, it's hard to get anything other than prepackaged corned beef around here. I take the point just to save a few bucks.

In a crock pot, I put in one can of cream of mushroom soup, ten chopped finely thai peppers, a little rosemary, enough water to barely cover the meat, and lastly the meat. Making sure, of course, to keep the fat side up. I cooked it on low for about nine hours. After I took it out, it went right to the fridge and I trimmed the fat about eight hours later and then pulled it all apart by hand into a bunch of little tiny strips.

Then the next part. I got about 20 baby sized red potatoes and cut them into eighths and fourths. I made a mixture of pepper, 1/4c olive oil, 40 drops of Pure Evil, some Italian seasoning, a little mustard seed, and some of your favorite chopped up peppers. I would have tossed in some scorpions if I had them, but I have no decent peppers at the moment. In a glass dish, coat the taters with the mixture so it's coated nice and evenly. I cooked it at 375 deg F and every 10 minutes mixed it up so nothing would stick. I let the taters cook until they were nice and tender with crispy sides. Then let them cool so no over-cooking happened.

Then to combine!
a layer of corned beef, a layer of mozzarella cheese, then a layer of potatoes
Amazing!

Picture time!
20120303182229.jpg

20120303182327.jpg

20120303182755.jpg

Oh, I am so all over that!
I have a blood/ corned beef/ content I need to maintain.
And the Cream of mushroom soup just makes it all easier to mainline.
Great job!
I'll be filing this one away.

Dude! My g-ma was born and raised in Mitchell, my mom - Yankton....both taught me everything I know about corned beef - and I swear I just heard them both cheering (from the Great Beyond) at your dish! That was a brilliant creation!!!!!! How you gonna top THAT on St. Patty's Day??????? (keep posting!!!!!! :) ) Thanks for sharing M!

Pure awesomenessneseesness! Sounds like quite a bit of heat in there.
Love me some corned beef and taters.
You did what??? Cream of Mushroom soup??? Oh Yeah...It's not just for breakfast :halo:
St. Patricks day is just around the corner and can't wait to get my Corned Beef on.
Nice work!

I know, right?!!!! I was almost thinking about passing on this St. Patty's Day Feast, but then I saw M's work of geniusness! Now.....I am re-inspired!

wow, that's a great idea for cooking the corned beef, different than the usual packaged brine mix. Do you think the mushroom cooking sauce would make a good gravy-type sauce? The meat-cheese-potatoes is a total WIN as is, I'm just thinking for the 'kid who's not a huge melted cheese fan.

What??????? What kid doesn't like melted cheez?!?! Don't make me come down there........

J/K - but seriously, the mushroom soup bit puts a whole new twist on things, doesn't it?! "Good Gravy Batman!".....

I've had a couple of Venison roasts that I did in the crockpot with Cream of Shroom soup. Threw in a couple of sliced onions, a bit of salt and pepper. The gravy that came about was awesomeness! Bread soppin goodness. I forgot about doing this until this post.
Two of my all time favs... Corned Beef and Shroom soup! Together.... Hellzz yeahs

I don't really think the leftover stuff would be good as any sort of gravy. Maybe if I'd used less water and added some corn starch it could have been. I do think gravy in place of (or in addition to) the cheese could be pretty awesome. Actually... I might try that tomorrow. :)

Back