• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

CORONA-EXTRA Helping each other out

BDASPNY said:
I feel for ya, my gf is in the same exact spot as a surgical tech. its getting rough.
It kinda makes ya feel like a war husband, waiting for your wife or GF to get the “call”. Then it’s off to the buzzsaw. [emoji15]
I feel for you also BDASPNY prayers sent your way [emoji16][emoji1303].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
That is what my wife does, I guess scrub tech is slang for surgical tech [emoji106][emoji16].

I figured it was the same thing.

PtMD989 said:
It kinda makes ya feel like a war husband, waiting for your wife or GF to get the “call”. Then it’s off to the buzzsaw. [emoji15]
I feel for you also BDASPNY prayers sent your way [emoji16][emoji1303].

hopefully we  an all get through this ok.

PtMD989 said:
Welp, my wife got her “marching orders “ off to Detroit for Thursday thru Saturday. : scared as fuck. Just need prayers and well wishes. Post #31 on SL SIP /Quarantine cooking thread brings me many smiles and giggles. Thank you NECM[emoji16].

hope its going well for your wife.  I know mine has come back with some bad stories and she's a little freaked out but holding together.

BDASPNY said:

hope its going well for your wife.  I know mine has come back with some bad stories and she's a little freaked out but holding together.
Same here[emoji3064][emoji15]. My wife is going back down there for Thursday and Good Friday. She mostly cleaned/disinfected rooms after patients got discharged. It’s pretty rough in the hospitals.

The kids are all in nursing healthcare and have been working tons of hours.  We're pretty sure that my son had the COVID about a week before it was nationally visible. We haven't been hit hard yet.  Every week we're putting together care package boxes to those who are now out work.  Scary stuff.    

Harry_Dangler said:
The kids are all in nursing healthcare and have been working tons of hours.  We're pretty sure that my son had the COVID about a week before it was nationally visible. We haven't been hit hard yet.  Every week we're putting together care package boxes to those who are now out work.  Scary stuff.    

A really interesting point; a faire number of folks up in this neck of the woods had some NASTY shit goin' on with them in January, guitarist in my old band was porpoising with it well into February...Of course he called it the flu...He's 57 YO with heart disease, but a tough monkey. We haven't talked about it since, but his wife is an RN and I gotta wonder if they hadn't wondered also...

Stay well...

stettoman said:
A really interesting point; a faire number of folks up in this neck of the woods had some NASTY shit goin' on with them in January, guitarist in my old band was porpoising with it well into February...Of course he called it the flu...He's 57 YO with heart disease, but a tough monkey. We haven't talked about it since, but his wife is an RN and I gotta wonder if they hadn't wondered also...

Stay well...

You do know it would have been nigh on impossible to have COVID-19 on US soil in January?

On January 13, the virus spreads beyond China's borders for the first time with a case emerging in Thailand, according to the WHO. The victim is a Chinese woman diagnosed with mild pneumonia who was returning from a trip to Wuhan.

stettoman said:
Then it was a tenacious flu, which is still killing many times more than the designer bug out of China's flu mills...

Well of course the "BUG" du jour gets all the air time and headlines! While the common "flu" silently infects millions & causes more deaths.>

US Flu Cases Climb to 15 Million and 8200 deaths

And my family has hunkered down as obviously COVID-19 has spread faster & will kill more in a shorter period of time.

You also realize that measures in place will slow both viruses. You are possibly describing RSA btw, it was spreading here quite widely and fast earlier this year and is still making the rounds.

Glad everyone is holding up so far. Best wishes and many thanks to everyone in the medical field right now. Scary stuff going on no doubt. I'm sitting back waiting for California to hit the top of the curve hoping it's fairly mild. I'm stuck working daily while the rest of my family is bunkered down at home guarding our toilet paper supply.

My 2 year old grandson had RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) in January.  That was scary.  We had to take him to the ER because he was in respiratory distress.  

Back