• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Cottage Cheese and Hot Peppers?

I'll start by saying that normally I don't like Cottage Cheese and can't eat it by it's self. But, with all of the cherry tomatoes that we're harvesting, I thought that they would go well with some cottage cheese (it's the only way I like cottage cheese). Today though, I discovered a new and improved cottage cheese dish and here it is:

1 bowl full of cottage cheese (one serving)
1 - 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 diced Orange Habs
dash of Italian Dressing

Mix and enjoy...

I'm still burning and found that the mixture of flavors was really enjoyable and each seemed to complement each other nicely.

I'm sure all of that goes together well! Good idea. I'd have chosen different peppers than habs though... not sure which, but I think I'd prefer a different aroma to go with the toms...

I don't like most types of cottage cheese as well, but there's this brand here that I absoloutly LOVE! I can eat as is! :D
Anyway... some nice fresh toms, red japs and cottage cheese... mmm!

Ohhh....I never thought of the chives. That sounds even better. Cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, orange habs and chives. I'm going to have to try it later today.

Omri said:
If you really wanna go crazy, add just a hint of garlic. wouldn't hurt. :P

Actually since you mentioned it...the Italian salad dressing that I used just a splash of was Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan and one of the main ingredients is garlic. :lol:

Pepperfreak said:
Actually since you mentioned it...the Italian salad dressing that I used just a splash of was Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan and one of the main ingredients is garlic. :lol:
Yum! :)

Some people put pineapple in cottage cheese, I like pineapple and cottage cheese but not together. Chive and onion is good though.

rainbowberry said:
Some people put pineapple in cottage cheese, I like pineapple and cottage cheese but not together. Chive and onion is good though.

Yah, I don't like pineapple in cottage cheese either. I know some people that even like pineapple on pizza, but not me. I've tried it and I think it was a ruined pizza :sick: Now pineapple in a fruit salad, that is just plain great :)

You know, some people use cottage cheese to test hot sauces in. It tends to be such a neutral that it brings out flavor nuances that may be undetectable otherwise in the sauces. And i happen to love cottage cheese and hot sauce so i do that all the time.

I've heard of people putting smoked salmon in cottage cheese, the last time I had smoked salmon though I ended up feeding it to a stray cat which promptly gave it back to me.

Back