• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Counting calories

LOL, animals eh? My dog's the first to lick his balls and slurp away when people sit down to dinner and the first to try and hump another male dog when I walk him down a busy street :oops: mind you at least he tries it on now with something that moves, it used to be the magazine rack :eh:

rainbowberry said:
LOL, animals eh? My dog's the first to lick his balls and slurp away when people sit down to dinner and the first to try and hump another male dog when I walk him down a busy street :oops: mind you at least he tries it on now with something that moves, it used to be the magazine rack :eh:

Yep, definitely a male thats for sure.

What the licking bit or the magazine rack? To keep in line with the post my dog is nice and slim, not over-weight like some Labs because I feed him just the right amount and he takes me on two walks a day.

Yeah Murphy's a bit too strong for me, he's going through his teens and I think that's where the confusion with the sexuality comes in, he's just testing it all out while I'm saying in my sternest voice, "Boy dog Murphy, boy dog, same as you" and profusely apologising to the receiving dog's owner.

rainbowberry said:
Yeah Murphy's a bit too strong for me, he's going through his teens and I think that's where the confusion with the sexuality comes in, he's just testing it all out while I'm saying in my sternest voice, "Boy dog Murphy, boy dog, same as you" and profusely apologising to the receiving dog's owner.

That just reminded me of some classic South Park. "Don't be gay, Sparky! Don't be gay!"

I think the big reason everyone is getting fatter is because their is no self control, starbucks and mcdicks on every corner, an aversion to vegetables, home cooking, hard work, exercise...

Nothing wrong with counting calories! Cheese is healthy too. Protein and fats in it. I'm told everyone reacts different but I find when I eat a diet heavy in protein and fats, low in carbs keeps me leaner. I eat "refined" carbs and I get fat way too easily.

I also find I put on muscle a lot easier eating protein and fat. There are times that up to 60% of my calories come from fat :)

I'm 5'8" and 180, a hair over a six pack right now cuz I haven't worked out in almost 2 months!

Never mind for the chili calories... It's the fat in the cheese and the sugar in the sauce and the fat and milk-sugar in the milk you drink when you overheat (if you do so ever...;))...

lostmind has a point there, a lot of people don't eat vegetables anymore or if they do, they eat some stuff that has been processed, heated etc to a point where no being except the guy who's selling it, benefits from it anymore. Call it rabbit food if you like, but vegetables and fruit are very important for a healthy diet, especially nowadays.

yup, gotta eat your veggies! Rice, bread, noodles and taters don't count as veggies.

When I eat a meal, at least half of my plate is veggies. Not only does it fill you up more, the more veggies you eat the less calories you consume... simply due the nature of veggies. They're low in cal's and full of fiber filling you up before you eat a ton of cals from other sources.

I know people who haven't eaten anything green in months! I wonder, how do they go #2? hehe...

rabbit said:
I know this sounds really wierd, but I honestly think obsessing over calories and dieting is the one of the major reasons most Americans are overweight. (Yes fastfood is bad too though.) I find it funny that in other countries they eat fattening food and pastas all of the time and they are actually thin. Oddly I think eating foods like that as well as your veggies keeps you more satisfied and you don't overeat. If you only eat when you're hungry and you eat a well balanced diet, combined with finding a hobby that keeps you active you should be fine.

Well... ...I live in another country, I eat another country's fattening food and pasta all the time but I am slightly portly anyway...
6'2" and 233 lbs. ...

Sickmont said:
Ya can't blame the cat....if i could do that i'd NEVER leave the house....EVER....

"...The neck bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the knee bone...":whistle:

Hooray for arthritis!

first off, as the calorie counting goes, I was a weight lifting instructor and studied nutrition when i first entered college, I started out at 130lbs, 5'9" tall (runner), I put myself on a "diet" (note: a diet is a style of eating, not necisarily eating less than usual, in my case it was eating more than usual) I gained 30lbs in 9 months, thanks to hitting the gym every other day, and eating 6 big meals a day.
heres me at 130lbs (shooting tequilla in Mexico for the first time)
MyfirstTequilashots.jpg

heres me at 160lbs warming up after a polar plunge 2 years ago at the Cape
Cape3-00-05.jpg

after college i ran out of time to work out, since i was pulling over 60hrs a week while still taking night classes towards my BS so i have dwindled in size back to about 145lbs (still lean though), but now I feel like its time to get back into it
So Impy chick, if you want some help trying to lose the pounds let me know via PM, I can give you a hand, and help you design a "diet" thats right for you, and allows you to eat all the stuff you like
as for caloric data relating to your poppers; it depends on how much cheese you stuff in them, so if you use a quart of low fat cream cheese to make your poppers, you can pretty much ignore the pepper, and just figure out the calories by volume of cream cheese, since the capacity of each pepper is different you will have to guestimate exactly how much you consume based on number of peppers & realtive size of peppers
here are some basics; 1 pound = approximately 3500calories, men should never eat less than 1500 calories a day, women should never eat less than 1200 calories a day or else your body goes into starvation mode; you become sluggish, irritable, mentally dull, and your metabolism slows down as your body attempts to store every available calorie as fat; its a final defense mechanism built into your body to preserve it

oh btw when i looked like that (160lbs, fairly lean) my mom was always worried when i went to visit her, she would always ask me if i was eating, and if my girlfriend could cook, I tried to explain to her that i ate more in one day than some people eat in three, and she watched me eat, but since she was a worrying italian/polish/irish mother she would stuff my favorite dishes in front of me every time I visited... man those were great times....

I don't obsess over calorie intake, but i sure as hell pay attention to it; more importantly though, I pay attention to what the calories are (fat, carb, protein) I prefer my lean protiens (sl/bl chicken breast, venison, filet mignon, tofu etc. etc.) but since i have an irish/polish/italian/french canadian/native american type background, i still like my pastas, potatoes, beers, and fatty meats

sorry to spam post here but just a couple more things:
peppers (and spicy food) temporarily increase your metabolism
caffeinated beverages also temporarily increase your metabolism
so a good move is to have a cup of tea (or coffee) without sugar or cream in the morning with a small whole grain bagel (or a 1/2 of a regular bagel) with low fat jalapeno cream cheese

Sid03SVT said:
i have an irish/polish/italian/french canadian/native american type background

Sounds like cross pollination big time. My wife's Tennessee dad had an Irish father and a Cherokee and Apache mother. Recombination does a good job. My son is the biggest smart ass under god's sun with his six years. Pow pow is so proud!
Our diet is partly "Southern" and partly Bavarian and Swabian (which is "Southern" in Germany) but the workout is missing. That's why I am so portly.

Back