craft beer

Proud Marine Dad said:
Looking good Chris! :cheers:

These are the three I bought for this weekend and I am trying the middle one, the Mission IPA 6.8% ABV right now.
I like it better than the Shipwrecked Double IPA on the right that I had last night.
I am saving the Stone Porter with Vanilla Bean for tomorrow night.

I really like the Stone IPA and Ale beers.

i just tried WEYERBACHER "OLD HEATHEN"

if you like IMPERIAL STOUTS this one is a good one it is i have found very similar to STONES IMPERIAL RUSSIAN STOUT
absolutly wonder stong stout flavor malty and not hoppy just the way i like my stouts
it is brewed right down the road (about 15 miles from me in Easton Pa) and besides for BLITHERING IDIOT i wasnt fond of there other offerings(such as "Verboten") until this one

on an interesting note i bought it at a distributer in Easton and would have thought it would be fresher than the date stamped on the top of the case which was june 9th 2013?? it did not seem to hurt its quality any and i cant seem to find out whether or not this one is bottle conditioned? i emailed the company to find out
i dont drink everyday and i know what i like and do not however if you like really stout and you really have to like stout and this one is available in your area its worth a shot

thanks your friend Joe

Having one of these right now. Good beer!

111022-HopStoopid-SR-MVBLFeast-011-31.jpg

Haven't posted in a while but still drink when I can.  Here's a few I've tried in the last few months.  They all tasted like beer!  Favorites were probably the Green Flash Imperial IPA and the Mad River Double Dread.  Was surprised I didn't love the Left Hand Wake Up Dead since I like stouts and love beer on nitro but I'll stick with their Nitro Milk Stout or Smoke Jumper Smoked Porter I guess.  Also, by a growler carrier! http://thehotpepper.com/topic/47932-handmade-growler-carriers-for-sale/

beer_df8jjbnibz.jpg

Day of The Dead Beer
http://www.dayofthedeadbeer.com/

As FINALLY ARRIVED in West Texas,it made an intro late 2013 and disappeared
Coor's finally picked up the distribution for this line and it is flying off the shelves now
Scored a case each of the DOA-IPA and Amber Ale,they were then sold out ;)

Many aren't aware of well made Mexican craft beers,they are slowly coming across the river now it seems

Tasty beer for real beer drinkers :woohoo:

Trying my 12th different Stone beer today that I picked up yesterday.
This is a "Collective Distortion IPA" at 9.3% ABV and a little pricey at $8.39 per 22 oz bottle but quality doesn't come cheap. ;)

Hmmm, I think I'm gonna like this thread. Would read it all before posting, but HOLY BARLEY, 35 pages! So I decided to post before reading (will definitely do it!).

A hug!

*EDIT: almost forgot: I love craft beer!

had a few tonight

DUCK RABBIT  Brown ale  (Good) a little hoppy but not overpoweringly so (average)

GREAT LAKES "Edmond Fitzgerald" Porter average for its style not overly exciting but good Much better than some porters

SPATEN "OPTIMATOR" (VERY GOOD)  TOUCH OF SWEETNESS RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE!! very malty the way i love beer and true to what a German Doublebock should be equal with Paulaner "Salvator" its hard to chose between the two both are wonderful and different from one another but equal just the same

BREWERS ART "RESURRECTION" JUST PLAIN WONDERFUL GOTTA TRY it! different i can tell you!! cant describe rightly

SMUTTYNOSE "ROBUST PORTER" quite possibly the best porter that might ever grace your palate!!
Cascade hopped rich flavor that few porters have in my experience

SAM ADAMS CHERRY WHEAT  yuck!! like it like it many moons ago but not anymore

thanks your friend Joe

Is it really "Craft Beer" or is it just slap shit out there and hope they like it kinda thing ?
Seriously,some of the new market brews are just rank

TNKS said:
Is it really "Craft Beer" or is it just slap shit out there and hope they like it kinda thing ?
Seriously,some of the new market brews are just rank
yeah your right in many ways, but just like with anything else peoples taste is different so i would say its a hope they like it kinda thing in many ways ;)
the Craft Brew market has been growing rapidly and it sure looks like there are many who want there piece of the pie
i didn't like everything that's labeled "CRAFT BEER"

im sure there are some that might disagree but i have many times seen your point

What the "craft" needs is less beer snobs and more beer sluts

I retain the later status defensively,I refuse "snob status"

TNKS said:
What the "craft" needs is less beer snobs and more beer sluts

I retain the later status defensively,I refuse "snob status"
I am a beer snob and damn proud of it. Just about all of the "big name" beers in this country are crap. But hey that's my opinion.

Back