craft beer

good god my man....i think you REALLY like beers...hahaha
man i can't even keep a six pack for a day...
and what's up with that bootle and the socks..:mouthonfire:

marcosauces said:

hahahah

i dont know, i was getting one of those corked ones out, and when i put them back somehow it didnt fit, so i just left it there. the socks are clean though :)

marcosauces said:

hey i just checked your sauce page. is your hot sauce not as hot as daves insanity? im looking for something that isnt so hot as that but has great flavor. sometimes i just dont want it to be scorching hot.

what would you compare the heat level to? it sounds good though, lots of garlic, thats a +

Holy Hops! That's some beer collection! And I thought I was outta hand. You've got me beat several times over! Wow!

Ross, I look forward to some reviews! I am interested in those Stone specialty beers. I 've only had Arogant Bastard and wasn't overly impressed; for that IPA "extra-hoppy" style I favor DFH 60 minute. Sadly, I've only seen Stone's AB and IPA available down here in Texas.

chuk hell said:
Holy Hops! That's some beer collection! And I thought I was outta hand. You've got me beat several times over! Wow!

Ross, I look forward to some reviews! I am interested in those Stone specialty beers. I 've only had Arogant Bastard and wasn't overly impressed; for that IPA "extra-hoppy" style I favor DFH 60 minute. Sadly, I've only seen Stone's AB and IPA available down here in Texas.

ok!

i will just review stuff that is good with hot foods and widely avaliable.

i dont really feel the need to review something that you can only buy at the brewery, no one really cares about those :)

if you want to get into rating all the beers you drink, check out ratebeer.com

im a member of that site, and have been for 3 almost 4 years.

can ya get stone beers out in texas?

WoW!! Impressive collection ross!!.
I am no where near responsible enough to have a beer collection. Maybe empty bottles because full ones don't stand a chance...Beer speaks to me so I must drink them before they totally freak me out.

Cap said:
haha

most of the stuff i keep will improve with age. thats the only reason. and the only thing that keeps me from drinking them!

speaking of age, ive been reading threads and it seems that hot sauce will last for years in the fridge?? thats prolly how long its gonna take me to eat the ones i have! im still a rookie :)

ross said:
very nice! yeah craft beer does come with a bit of a price tag. try some ommegang hennepin instead. its about 7.99 a 4 pack (i think) and its a belgian golden (saison) but not a strong ale like duvel. its better on the wallet, and i actually like it more. just couldnt think of any other golden beer examples at the time.

actually, i believe duvel brewed by moorgat owns ommegang (located in cooperstown). or vise versa.

i know you can buy hennepin on the coast.

how far are you from kill devil hills? i know nothing about the coast of NC. if you arent far, see if you could make a trip here: http://www.chipswinemarket.com/

i hear that guy that runs it knows his beer as well as has a very nice stock. cheers!

ross I'm just over 4hrs south of KDH, I'm on the SE coast about 45min from the SC line, but I spend alot of time on the Outer Banks. I was there this weekend and went by Chips. He was closed both times that I stopped by..UGH! :P
I left him a nice big drooling face print on his window!

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']ross I'm just over 4hrs south of KDH, I'm on the SE coast about 45min from the SC line, but I spend alot of time on the Outer Banks. I was there this weekend and went by Chips. He was closed both times that I stopped by..UGH! :P
I left him a nice big drooling face print on his window![/QUOTE]

oh man, that sucks!

you close to wilmington? i can recommend some stores there.

ross said:
oh man, that sucks!

you close to wilmington? i can recommend some stores there.

Thanks for the offer ross. Most of my stops for craft beer is at Lighthouse Beer and Wine in Wrightsville Beach. The owners name is Jason and he knows my taste so he points me in the right direction to a great beer most of the time. He has a small place, but a nice selection.

mikeyinokc said:
Being in Oklahoma, our selection is a bit limited. One of my favorite breweries is the New Belgium Brewery, out of Fort Collins, Colorado. I guess their "Fat Tire" label is my favorite, but their 1554 is excellent as well.

Fat tire is on every tap in town! I love 1554...it's based on a Belgium recipe from...yup, 1554!

Fort Collins is also blessed with Odells and Fort Collins Brewery for bottled beer, and Coopersmiths as a brewpub. Denver/Boulder has even more.

I actually brew my own. Just finished the last bottle of a chocolate nut brown, and haven't had a chance to make up a new batch...too many hobbies! We're actually investigating making a spicy beer mustard.

Oh Yeah! Gotta love that Duff beer!

whats everyones deal with fat tire? its a good gateway beer into much better beer, but other than that..?

I went to a microbrew with the wife and her co-workers one day...
I ordered Bud (of course) and I think they had to run across the street to get that. Then everyone was trying to help my little hillbilly wife out with her selection, all kinds of options and they finally settled on "queen ale". Oh get that they said, you'll love it, its a lot like Bud Lite, So she said "then why dont I just get a Bud Lite? Back across the street the waiter went, hehe.
You know Budweiser used to be a micro brew too, then they got bigger and better and well now........The King!:)

I actually have an ulterior motive here Marco,

I’m hoping the appropriate representatives of Budweiser and Hooters will view my unsolicited post in defense of their company and send me ….like a years supply, heck maybe even lifetime supply of their products:pray:

Hillbilly Chili said:
I actually have an ulterior motive here Marco,

I’m hoping the appropriate representatives of Budweiser and Hooters will view my unsolicited post in defense of their company and send me ….like a years supply, heck maybe even lifetime supply of their products:pray:

When I was first getting into the world of craft beer, I mocked Bud and Miller and all the mass produced crap mercilessly. I thought it would make me sound cool.

Then I met Max, my beer guru. The guy knew more about beer than just about anyone I've ever met. I got to be good friends with him and one day asked him to teach me how to properly review a beer.
The first beer he told me to practice on? Bud. I was shocked. He told me that it's a good beer to learn the different flavors a beer can have because it has one thing it does better than just about anyone else.
Consistency.
I took his advice, and really happy I did.

My current favorite beer is Victory HopDevil, and I'll always drink craft beer given the choice, but I no longer look down on Bud.

Skydiver said:
When I was first getting into the world of craft beer, I mocked Bud and Miller and all the mass produced crap mercilessly. I thought it would make me sound cool.

Then I met Max, my beer guru. The guy knew more about beer than just about anyone I've ever met. I got to be good friends with him and one day asked him to teach me how to properly review a beer.
The first beer he told me to practice on? Bud. I was shocked. He told me that it's a good beer to learn the different flavors a beer can have because it has one thing it does better than just about anyone else.
Consistency.
I took his advice, and really happy I did.

My current favorite beer is Victory HopDevil, and I'll always drink craft beer given the choice, but I no longer look down on Bud.

Oh yeah, you really can't go wrong with Bud...
If you don't know what to bring to a cookout or a party, you can always(almost) show up with a twelver of Bud and no one will berate you for it...

Back