craft beer

It literally started raining  1 minute after I left work today, and that completely ruined my plans to get a few things done around my yard. Good thing I stocked the beer fridge this week!!
20160812_200206.jpg

It was really good, but not sure it's too 5 for me. Although if have to sit and think what my top 5 is.

For a plain imp stout not barrel aged yes. Right there with Founders.

This is actually a lot like my imp stout that I put too much hops in. It's pretty good, just not great. It kills the residual sweetness I love.

Ozzy2001 said:
It was really good, but not sure it's too 5 for me. Although if have to sit and think what my top 5 is.

For a plain imp stout not barrel aged yes. Right there with Founders.

Yes, that Top Five, or even, the Top Five of production stouts, as it's been available most of the year ...I have the BA's as a separate Top Five completely, because they are often exceedingly limited availability ...

Top commercial would be like OB Ten Fidy, Founders Imperial, ET Even More Jesus, Rogue Double Chocolate Stout, and maybe Funky Buddha Nikolai Vorlauf or MBC Mean Old Tom ...

Top BA's would be like CCB Marshall Zhukov, Bourbon County Stout, Founders KBS, and then while it's not BA - it's limited - CCB Caffe Americano Stout, and perhaps one the Boulevard BA's ... or Funky Buddha's Maple Bacon Chocolate Porter ...

I'm probably forgetting some, but a lot of my favs are in there for sure ...
Ozzy2001 said:
The espresso one was really good.

The Yeti's are exceedingly savory ... I would be game to try one with the NitroBrew just to neuter it a little ...

I have looked at reviews of them before and arrived at the conclusion that they use a good bit of rye in them, I believe I recall ...

Really good stouts I had a long time ago, but which haven't been around here in recent months, are the Hoppin' Frogs B.O.R.I.S. one's ...

Those are most-excellente!

Back