• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense CrazyHotSeeds Chocolate Bhutlah

IMG_20150905_113829531.jpg

Chose one of the larger pods:

IMG_20150905_120458416_HDR.jpg

Opened up:

IMG_20150905_120532585_HDR.jpg

Oil on the blade:

IMG_20150905_120653477.jpg

Decent floral smell, not too pungent.
I ate the small piece from the tip of the half on the right.
Quite fruity flavor, quite hot, actually made my tongue go sort of numb, never had that happen before.

Tarzan said:
You have Rodeo when you finally dump the load the following day.  :onfire: Yihaaaaa
Exactly, that is why I know from experience not to eat more than a small bit to get a sample of the flavor and heat.

I am fairly sure I remember the guy from Crazy Hot seeds saying his Chocolate Bhutlah were his own cross.  As I do not recall StandandFire saying for sure what the third pepper either crossed or suspected to have crossed was, so I am going with the Chocolate Bhutlah from Crazy Hot is the same or similiar to the UK Chocolate Bhutlah which I am fairly sure is a cross between 7 Pot Douglah and Bhut Jolokia because I do not believe StandandFire has said for sure what the third pepper was.

This photo is of the StandandFire created pepper.  Note it is marked F1.  Kind of indicates it is unstable, so have to figure that not all the peppers look like this.  Hoping when it is ready it will get a unique name so it can be more easily identified.

tumblr_mqv7b7qx011r1nd39o2_1280.jpg

moruga welder said:
most definitely not Judy's strain my friend .     :onfire:

Definitely.

Unfortunately, CrazyHotSeeds was the only vendor I could find selling the Chocolate Bhutlah. I know it is different from Judy's, and from StandandFire's.

I would like to try Judy's, or StandandFire's, or anyone else's, but they were/are simply not available.

@ajdrew,

Was not the third pepper a Butch T?

Grow Peters from SLP. It's not "Chocolate" but it's badass in its own right.....and it's not a Choc Bhut (no 'lah). His definitely have remembered to pack extra 'lah for your enjoyment.

TamTam79 said:
Grow Peters from SLP. It's not "Chocolate" but it's badass in its own right.....and it's not a Choc Bhut (no 'lah). His definitely have remembered to pack extra 'lah for your enjoyment.
If I did not have to get an import permit, I might.

Where do you live?

They say the same thing about importing to Australia and I pull thousands of seeds through the borders every year. Including from Peter.

Only Judy's occasionally get confiscated and squished and thats because she puts a dirty big "Pepperlover" over the front of the envelope.

TamTam79 said:
Where do you live?

They say the same thing about importing to Australia and I pull thousands of seeds through the borders every year. Including from Peter.

Only Judy's occasionally get confiscated and squished and thats because she puts a dirty big "Pepperlover" over the front of the envelope.

U.S.A.

After reading the disclaimer on the SLP site, not going to chance it.

ajdrew said:
Ya know, just reading this thread there seems to be four or five different Chocolate Bhutlahs.  Just wow.
I believe you are correct, sir.

Which is a question I asked earlier, in another thread; which is the real Chocolate Bhutlah?

I could make my own, I suppose. But, would it be the real Chocolate Bhutlah? Sure, because I said it was...

TamTam79 said:
If you're genuinely interested in growing it out, I can just forward you some, mate. 

A kind offer, but I respectfully decline.

Back