• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Created My First Super Hot Strain, Help Me Name It :)

Well guys how are you all doing? I took to long of a break from this wonderful forum and all you great people. Now it's time to come back with something fierce. I crossed a Caribbean Red Habanero with a Ghost Pepper and i came up with this new, hellishly super hot pod.

I came back to the community to see if you can help me name it.

I just can't think of a good name for this super hot so i want to see if all of you guys/girls can help me out.

Here they are.

The taste is sweet and the burn creeps up on you and stays with you with a good while. The inside of the pod is covered with crazy hot capsaicin rind. I will upload a pic soon of the inside of the pod.

Thanks guys and tell me what you think of this new strain i made. I took me four years to grow this out and i am happy with the results :)

bell7pot.jpg

Thank you guys for the great names :) I am going to post what the inside of the pod looks like soon as i am about to ferment some to make a hot sauce.

How about this!! I will send someone some of my hot sauce if i choose a great name you guys come up with. I will look through some of the names and choose a winner and then post a new thread with my official name of this pod i created.

Thanks guys and keep the names coming :)

How about "Pirates B(h)ut(t)"? [emoji16]

It theoretically takes 8 generations to stabilize a new strain. Doing that in four years isn't impossible, but it would be very difficult.

So...if it's a new cross that's only F2 then it's still very unstable. It were me then I'd probably hold off on naming etc.

Unless you just want to share this new creation with the world and share your hot sauce then name/give away!

But if you want to do something more...proprietory with this cross then I'd def hold off until a recognized stable generation a'la F8. Or else you can run Into a reaper/primo situation.....

Bicycle808 said:
It theoretically takes 8 generations to stabilize a new strain. Doing that on for years isn't impossible, but it would be very difficult.
You're correct. Def not impossible if going the hydro route. But would def take a lot of dedicatio.

Back