• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Created My First Super Hot Strain, Help Me Name It :)

My ghosts are right next to my shishitos.  I just went out to harvest some shishitos to roast and I saw a pod that is the size and shape of a shishito with the wrinkly gnarl of the ghost.  Wild!

mitchNC said:
My ghosts are right next to my shishitos.  I just went out to harvest some shishitos to roast and I saw a pod that is the size and shape of a shishito with the wrinkly gnarl of the ghost.  Wild!
Ghoshito.. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

saiias said:
Ghoshito.. Lol

You just inspired me to save the seeds.

I also saw a pepperoncini crossed with something, either a nearby ghost or Scotch Bonnet.
It's still green.  

I've never crossed anything on purpose.  I hope to have a greenhouse before next season.  I'll have to back and watch Khang Starr's videos.

mitchNC said:
Are you posting this is another cross?

hotpepperguy said:
I crossed a Caribbean Red Habanero with a Ghost Pepper and i came up with this new, hellishly super hot pod.

sirex said:
You're correct. Def not impossible if going the hydro route. But would def take a lot of dedicatio.

I know it all sounds crazy in theory but i live and breath peppers. I've been doing this for a long time and i guarantee you this is a new strain that took four years to grow out. I know it takes time to make it stable and that's what i am doing now, but this is definitely a new strain. I'm not sum newb here, been doing this for a while :)

Bicycle808 said:
Yes, they look rad and sound interesting in the description. I'd keep selecting for desired traits and have a go at fixing the strain.

I guess you are right, i'll keep trying to work on it and make it more stable. I got too excited and i guess i jumped the gun a little bit.

Ok i just wanted to clear some things up with this strain. Four to Five years ago i tried the cross pollination of this strain i created. I grew it out the first year and it looked just like the Caribbean Red Hab, second year the same, third year the same, then on the fourth year it started to look like the pod you see here.

I thought i was unsuccessful so that's what i created a thread back in 08 for help with a cross pollinated strain. I basically just wanted to start over with the communities help until i started to see changes in my strain. I love talking with you guys and it just makes my love for peppers even greater!!

But,
I am just going to wait until i can make this more stable, and this is thanks again from someone in the community suggesting that i do so. I take criticism in stride and it helps me to get better and what i do. This community helped me to be a great pepper grower and i do thank you guys for all the help. 

hotpepperguy said:

I thought i was unsuccessful so that's what i created a thread back in 08 for help with a cross pollinated strain. I basically just wanted to start over with the communities help until i started to see changes in my strain. I love talking with you guys and it just makes my love for peppers even greater!! 
So do you mean back in 2018?

I think it's a great looking pepper. Sounds like you got a good plan going then, selecting for desired traits and continue breeding to stabilization.

i have no background in pepper etymology, but i love wordplay, so:

if it's ghostly and with caribbean origin, the obvious name that i'm surprised didn't come up is some variation on VOODOO.

ghastly voodoo
voodoo ghostanero
vooboo
ghoodoo
bhutdoo

other non-voodoo suggestions:
haunted treasure
habaghostio
habalokia
red bhutanero
ghostenhaben (if you want a german feel)

fun contest lol

Creaping death
Island thunder
Caribbean fire
Caribbean dreams (red)
Island flames

Don't know if these are already taken but off the top here they are.

Doelman said:
Butt Pucker 

Always with the butts and the toilets and such things.  LOL

Attachments

• Zoidberg.png
    Zoidberg.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 106
Back