• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Critiquing my sauces.?

I've gotten 4 different Sauces made and was wondering if anyone would be willing to try them and let me know their thoughts on them?   not sure how to go about it other than mailing the 4 bottles to those willing to help me. so let me know and we can work it out. thanks.

Send it to some folks who are known for doing pod and sauce reviews on youtube.  That's how I would do it. 

I'd suggest the following: 
1. if you want to do the sampling with a group of people you don't know (always a good idea), post this to the "promotions" board here
2. Ask for a certain # of testers
3. Prepare a form / questionnaire asking for specific feedback. I'd suggest looking at some of the reviewers methodology - 5 categories, 1-10 or 1-5 ratings in each (I prefer the 10-scale - too much of a jump from an "A" to a "B" in a 5-point scale) - things like heat accuracy, mouth feel, aroma, flavor, appearance, etc
4. Send a SASE with each one along with the surveys 
5. Request them to be anonymous. 

This is, in my opinion, the only way to get really honest feedback. Video reviews are lacking a bit for this sort of thing. People aren't always 100% honest if they aren't anonymous. 

This is a great site for this sort of thing though - for one, most of the members are bigtime hot sauce fans, and picky ones at that. For another there are a lot of friendly ones who might be willing to engage in this. 

Good luck and  :welcome:

Back