• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Cross Country Nurseries Superhot Smackdown

T Scorps and Morich are in route....Bring it!! Whatcha got?!?!

edit: I know, I know....Start a thread without pics = FAIL but I couldnt resist after hearing such positive responses! WOOOT!!

I almost ordered some of their plants when the sale first started but I really didn't want 12 plants. I just checked their site and there isn't much left. Maybe I'll try a few of their plants next year.

I don't know of any. Maybe someone else does. It's hard for me to keep up with the plants I have now. if I ordered 12 plants, i would be overwhelmed. I think next year I will plant seeds early and order from Cross Country around this time nxt year so that I have plants at different stages.
I would like to see what they look like when you get them. Would you mind taking a few pictures?

Ive ordered from ccn my camera is broke but i ordered 12 bhuts and t-sorps at first and they were in wonderful condition about 6 to 8 inches tall on all of them and the packaging was really well done so i ordered 24 more naga morich and t-scorps and they will be here next week but i have been reading the forum for a long time getting info on growing peppers since this is my first year and i bought probably 200 dollars worth of irrigation systems and hydroponic equipment and nutrients so i gave my grandma who has been gardening for seventy eight years six plants and i kept six to compare the methods and her plants are three times bigger than mine and all she uses is just plain old dirt and no nutes i just dont understand it.

Haha, thats too funny! Grandma Knows best! She is obviously doing something right so maybe you should go spend some time with her and figure out exactly what she does. A little difference can be a big deal in growing!

Has anyone received any plants that were in sub-par condition from CCN? I received three (if I remember right) decently-sized plants that were quite yellowish out of the box but looked decent otherwise, as well as one that looked kind of healthy but abnormally tiny (short with small leaves). And one of them seemed to be of a decent height, but was in outright bad shape: it lost about 5 leaves before it even arrived, plus two more while in my posession, and two of the leaves had brownish-black spots on them which felt dry. But what few leaves it did have were nicely sized. I put that one in a pot away from the garden.

It seems that the yellowish plants are also the ones to wilt the most in the sun, but that could be because they got less water than the rest of the plants and it really did mostly dry up (but why would it only effect those three?). I was thinking maybe they were nutrient-deficient and/or not used to the extreme heat and bright sun of the afternoon sun. I should mention that I ordered 30 plants from them, and all 25 or so of the others are doing great, looking good. And I ordered 12 more with their 40% off sale (I'm getting hooked on pepper plants...).

Oh... and UPS sucks. Apparently they can't read the box where it says "live plants" and "keep this side up." There was a nice big dent in the box from mishandling, which was caused by a strong enough hit to break one of the plastic pots inside. And as the UPS guy carried the box up, I could only think of how Ace Ventura handled his delivery package in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective... ie., he dropped it on one of its bottom sides basically to "set" it down and then proceeded to try and catch the other end to "soften" the fall. The packaging was nice and it did work well, but the nicest packaging in the world won't protect everything from such bad handling. The plants didn't seem severely damaged by the handling though, luckily.

GarrettM18 said:
Ive ordered from ccn my camera is broke but i ordered 12 bhuts and t-sorps at first and they were in wonderful condition about 6 to 8 inches tall on all of them and the packaging was really well done so i ordered 24 more naga morich and t-scorps and they will be here next week but i have been reading the forum for a long time getting info on growing peppers since this is my first year and i bought probably 200 dollars worth of irrigation systems and hydroponic equipment and nutrients so i gave my grandma who has been gardening for seventy eight years six plants and i kept six to compare the methods and her plants are three times bigger than mine and all she uses is just plain old dirt and no nutes i just dont understand it.

I think Grandma knows that over nurturing plants is a bad idea...we all tend to think that they need all these nutes, but really soil,air and water is what they need.

Well that's assuming the soil has all the proper nutes for
a successful pepper plant to thrive.

EDIT: Grrr...you guys are dragging me off topic on my own thread!! Lol :)

Well according to my package tracker, my CCN plants have been in a box in the hands of the USPS for almost 8 days. Pretty sure no matter how healthy they were going into the box, they will no doubt be dead whenever the he'll they do get here. OH, and they haven't even left New Jersey yet so ya, that's fvcking great.

I thought CCN shipped the plants with FedEx?? Their shipping cost are kinda high which is one reason why I didn't order from them. If I remember, I think shipping was around $15 and if they have been in transit for 8 days, i would get my money back from CCN.

The three plants I mentioned above being somewhat yellow colored... it turns out they must have been getting a little bit cramped in their containers, because now they're showing darker green new growth after being out in the ground for a couple weeks. The plant that was in the worst shape appears to be recovering as well.

Have received another 12 plants with CCN's sale (of those, 10 for myself) and have three left to transplant. The new batch is actually doing great right now. Something (I think the high winds the last few days) ripped two nice-sized leaves of my Fatalii from the last batch. :(

And BTW, both shipments were done through UPS...

I ordered 12 plants from them a while back and they arrived in great condition, except the main stem was broken on one of the cayenne so it was dead obviously. Whether that was their fault or Fed Ex's fault, who knows. I didn't email them for a replacement but I'm sure they would have sent one if I had. I don't know why I ordered 2 freaking cayennes from them when they sell cayenne plants at 10 different places in my city but I was an extreme newb at the time. :o

Back