• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Culinary herbs and peppers

Nightshade said:
which would be your top 5 herbs that go best with your peppers i.e. I use parsley cilantro blah blah and blah most with my peppers.
You read my mind. I have been wondering about spice mix too.

Mexican oregano
Chive
Smoked paprika
Onion
Garlic

Rymerpt

okay thank you guys i think i have figured out what will be added to the herb garden for use with the peppers.

chives
Mexican oregano
thyme
cilantro
oregano

but i will also be planting others for just use with food

talking of fresh herbs from the garden...I luuuuuv basil, chives, cilantro, thyme....

nope never but I remember seeing a plant at the nursery and reading the description and it sounds great. thank you for the tip I will take that into consideration.

yeah, all of those except cumin. smells like armpits. I think I saw some pineapple sage the other day. Might have to pick some up!!!

I like pinnapple sage alot. It smells amazing but there really isn't much flavour. I like all herbs, the're tasty weeds that are easy to grow!

Terravexti said:
You can get both onion and garlic chives by the way. Garlic is much stronger than onion.

Awesome. I did not know that, thanks!

I like most of the above mentioned herbs, especially basil, and look forward to picking a few up to add to the garden if spring ever makes it up North!

Terravexti said:
I like pinnapple sage alot. It smells amazing but there really isn't much flavour. I like all herbs, the're tasty weeds that are easy to grow!

I found the first couple of years that I had my bunch in the garden, like you said there wasn't a lot of taste, but now that its been there for years, its gotten a little more stronger taste. :dance:

I find cooking with it, you need to use a lot to get the flavor

Back