• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

curry recipes

so i have a bunch of bhut jolokias sittin here, and i says to myself, id like to make something tasty with these evil little SOBs....stir fry, chicken wings, all kinds of things come to mind, but i thought it would be more fitting to try them in an indian style dish. only problem is i dont know how to make curry. so i thought i should ask around here for some ideas. im thinking i will use chicken as the meat, not much lamb sold in this area. anyway, thanks for any ideas

I reckon the easiest way would be to go buy a curry paste. Instructions generally call to first heat up some oil, fry some onion, brown your meat, add the paste, then add either water, tomatoes, etc, whatever the case may be. I would just chop the bhuts and chuck 'em in with the onions.

so i have a bunch of bhut jolokias sittin here, and i says to myself, id like to make something tasty with these evil little SOBs....stir fry, chicken wings, all kinds of things come to mind, but i thought it would be more fitting to try them in an indian style dish. only problem is i dont know how to make curry. so i thought i should ask around here for some ideas. im thinking i will use chicken as the meat, not much lamb sold in this area. anyway, thanks for any ideas
I think I posted a chicken curry recipe and also links somewhere on the board.

Try chicken in hot gravy. Prepare gravy using onion, garlic , ginger and tomatoes. Add a little cashew paste and infuse your pepper powder.

Cook chicken on a grill and then immerse in gravy finally and serve steaming with flat bread/rice.

I think I posted a chicken curry recipe and also links somewhere on the board.

Try chicken in hot gravy. Prepare gravy using onion, garlic , ginger and tomatoes. Add a little cashew paste and infuse your pepper powder.

Cook chicken on a grill and then immerse in gravy finally and serve steaming with flat bread/rice.

.....or just go have dinner over at NJA's house. ;)

i downloaded a red curry paste reciped from templeofthai.com, modified it a bit and turned a bunch of left over hot chiles into a wonderfully hot and flavorful red curry paste. put it in an ice cube tray and froze it. after they froze i put them into individual little snack-size baggies. now everytime we have a red curry dish, all i need to do is pull one from the freezer and voila you have curry paste at your disposal.

i downloaded a red curry paste reciped from templeofthai.com, modified it a bit and turned a bunch of left over hot chiles into a wonderfully hot and flavorful red curry paste.  put it in an ice cube tray and froze it.  after they froze i put them into individual little snack-size baggies.  now everytime we have a red curry dish, all i need to do is pull one from the freezer and voila you have curry paste at your disposal.
Very clever buddy.

Back