• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cut end of stems hollowing out.

a268eb852ec744de8e9241b556859d7d.jpg

Kinda hard to get a good picture with my phone, but as the title says, these buggers are hollowing out on me! Is this a cause for concern? I remember coming across something about a fungus and treating with peroxide, just trying to get on top of this before the darn thing starts dying (if it is a problem). I tried searching back through threads and web, but turned up nothing relevant. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I think it's normal plant reaction, closing off it's cell structure. The beginning process to healing the open cut.

I recently cut back my plants for over wintering and they all did the same.

Masher said:
I think it's normal plant reaction, closing off it's cell structure. The beginning process to healing the open cut.

I recently cut back my plants for over wintering and they all did the same.
I hope so. The plant looks very healthy overall, and is starting to produce flower buds. I'd really hate to lose it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Totally normal, as long as it dries out and is crusty to touch it's fine. Pretty much just the plant version of a scab.

You can avoid infection by sterilising the clippers before you trim your plants in case you have cut a diseased plant in the past.

Mine have the same occurance. just keep an eye on them for disease, fungus, or rot so you can stop it before it gets to far along. I sprayed them with a little hydrogen peroxide as an insurance policy so to speak.

Back