• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D|KiNG's Humble growlog...2012---little girls sprinkle some powder on their food

so.... again this is my 1st year of planting peppers... i know i know some i bought at the store/arborateum/people but i also planted some frome seeds and have learned so much.... here are a couple of my mistakes
IMG_2883.jpg
my girls decided to help daddy and put a TON of water in these bhuts...
IMG_2882.jpg
what can i do to revive them???
IMG_2901.jpg
started off strong now this.... why did it become weak like this???
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg
purchased some jamaican scotch bonnets from TRADEWINDS... and this is what i got so for from this packetno i didn't mislabel them or did i mix my seeds up...will the real jamaican please stand up...
IMG_2899.jpg
IMG_2898.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg
other pics can be found on herehttp://thehotpepper....started-a-blog/http://thehotpepper....ot-pepper-pics/

Just wow, you got more action there then I got my whole 5 years in high school. Lots going on with peppers, sauces, powders, and worms for pets. Awesome post.

Great looking pods and dishes, Denniz! Not too crazy about
the grubs, though, unless they are edible ;)

I guess you have a bit of grow season left down in sunny Cali,
so I'll just have to get some vicarious thrills from your glog as
I'll be shutting down my grow in a week or so, except for the
greenhouse experiment, OWs and bonchi. Wait a minute. That
sounds like work!

Keep up the good work, bro! And nice hubby and wife reviews!

Dang Dennis can not ctach a break from grubs, but the great thing is those packages you recieved. Hopefully the bubblegum 7 grow true for you and can not wait to hear or read your perspective on the dried flacks from the pod. The what am I is a standard bhut or lightning Habanero, but once you eat it you will know more precise. The reviews where great that is awesome your doing it together. Hopefully everything turns around for you not sure if you saw this http://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/white-grubs-lawns

BD0A6890-3B82-455E-8294-22CA8A8328D1-4698-000001E29749E2EF.jpg

thanks PaulG,,,, cant wait to taste...

the grub experiment.. got this poor cayenne to be potted with the nasty grubs.. btw soil is full of milky spore.. i want these suckers to eat them.. and die inside.. and then when they turn white.. TOSS the soil back in the ground to multiply the spores..... this plant MAY or MAY NOT suffer.. we'll just wait and see

AACF1EF2-E90D-4B15-996F-3896747660DB-4698-000001E2A8B657FA.jpg

2B19D3E4-D7BB-49EE-B437-E80E24643E90-4698-000001E2A2412A5B.jpg

KD, you've got so many things going on in this glog it's crazy. I've had some issues with disease this year too. I just plucked all the leaves that looked affected and it seemed to stay under control. What's up with the grubs? I'm a little lost too!

Dude, those grubs are nasty. What do they do, eat the roots? Are they larvae for something? Hope you can get rid of them.
Japanese Beetles! If you use those bags to catch Japanese Beetles, stop doing it right away but stick them in all your neighbours yards. I stopped using them years ago as did one direct neighbor and he and I no longer have an issue. I saw 2 grubs only this season and moved tons of soil.

Very cool grub experiment. Eeeeew, but very cool.

And Paul sent you some great looking pods!

thannks.. will see how it works...

Dude, those grubs are nasty. What do they do, eat the roots? Are they larvae for something? Hope you can get rid of them.
yes DR.. they are a horrible thing.. japanese beetle larvae...in the PHILIPPINES.. we use them as toys.. tie strings and watch them fly..here in the US.. they are my nemesis... they lay eggs.. and these larvae suck the life of anything... plants... grass.... they can make your lawn look like SOD...they are hard to rid of and can overwinter... the beetles themselves went and enjoyed my moms apples this year....

KD, you've got so many things going on in this glog it's crazy. I've had some issues with disease this year too. I just plucked all the leaves that looked affected and it seemed to stay under control. What's up with the grubs? I'm a little lost too!
as with the grubs.. i just went and harvested a ton of them from my garden bed tossed them in a container full of milky spore and should die... when they turn white.. ill be tossing them back into the soil to spread the milky spore.. just using them as weapons of mass destruction....fight grubs with grubs...

Japanese Beetles! If you use those bags to catch Japanese Beetles, stop doing it right away but stick them in all your neighbours yards. I stopped using them years ago as did one direct neighbor and he and I no longer have an issue. I saw 2 grubs only this season and moved tons of soil.

wish i had no issues.. but they are.. they even got into my containers this year... i had containers in fear that if i planted in ground would die.. but even container they terrorized

heres a trini scorp consumed with giant grubs..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KVpTylnRSU

had problems in the aero with aphids and stem was getting thinner.. so had to improvise and dipped it in rooting hormone...hope this reaper lives...

C6F73134-3676-4A9B-BA2D-B7D5C1451C34-1804-00000086E8F90A8B.jpg

put a little cap on this reaper to protect it from aphids
13037B89-375E-4D3D-A257-4891BE68E987-1804-00000086B5AA7CD7.jpg

last harvest..pretty much....ghost peppers.. and caribbean red cross.. look how one looks bonnet like...
114FAFD0-672C-4BCC-95AC-611D71A027AB-1804-0000008704F3F5C2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMMUQ_69FG0

heading out to SAN DIEGO.. on tuesday night.. and hit the ZOO on wednesday.. whos down to have a brew...

Damn KD, sorry to hear they're giving you such a headache but I love how you're sending in double agents to do some dirtywork! Hope you're Reaper stays healthy!

so with the dampening (IN MY aerogarden) here is an update after 4 days....cant believe its growing
F4098ECB-8C75-49DF-B3CA-BB779A8A8DEE-3790-000001961CD83D3C.jpg

trying a crack at growing miracle fruit...mine is the one on the left... heres to hoping these lone 2 flower and fruit
4FBFD28E-5235-4CDA-9594-FDEAC7E4C0E1-4353-000001AE07CCBBDF.jpg

autumn???
40024F05-D208-49C6-AB9D-A8E31C1C00DC-4353-000001AD8C4D4863.jpg

Santa Anna baby. What's weird, is when they call for a Santa Anna warning, it's like never windy up here in the high desert, which usually is always windy.
I'll take it before the freezing wind comes, which can go right through sometimes.

Back