• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

D3monic said:
"
Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2?)
I really like C. Chinense x C. Annuum Crosses, hahahah So seeing your whole list.. I vote for BBG7 x Urfa Biber or CGN 21500 x Urfa Biber haha:)
Just throwing it out there!!!  Awesome list! Can't wait to watch it grow out!
Also, sign me up for the F2's haha If you want

D3monic said:

I'm not impressed with the datils genetics. Both plants showed negative traits and suffered poorly in the start and still are touchy. I enjoyed the pods that I saved seeds from but the plants so far are too sickly.
I totally get that. I figured it was just So Cal environment. I hear they do much better with more humidity like Florida. 

Really nice project you got going on here and you picked several good ones to cross. Will be interesting to follow. Good luck.

tctenten said:
Cool project D3. Will be following.

Thanks 1010!

Kyle Reese Contreras said:
I really like C. Chinense x C. Annuum Crosses, hahahah So seeing your whole list.. I vote for BBG7 x Urfa Biber or CGN 21500 x Urfa Biber haha:)
Just throwing it out there!!!  Awesome list! Can't wait to watch it grow out!
Also, sign me up for the F2's haha If you want

Urfa beiber is another one that hasn't been a very good plant, hopefully it does better outdoors, i'll be sure to keep everyone in mind for f2 seeds down the line.

SL3 said:
I totally get that. I figured it was just So Cal environment. I hear they do much better with more humidity like Florida. 

Really nice project you got going on here and you picked several good ones to cross. Will be interesting to follow. Good luck.

good to know about the humidity, for me I think it was soil acidity, leaves easily go white and show nutrient deficiencies far before other plants.

Ozzy2001 said:
I agree with the Bah Goat, even though I haven't tried it, everyone seems to like it so it seems that it would be a good base plant. The though of pod characteristics though leads me to vote for the Paper Lantern second.

I haven't had baha goat pods yet but the powders that I have tried are outstanding. As far as the paper lantern they are by far my bushiest plants with the most branches, not to mention they have great tasting pods. One of my favorite habs that I have tried so far. 

mpicante said:
Ok I just voted.Picked two varieties.Will you announce what the winners will get crossed with?cool poll nice idea.

Thanks for voting! Yea I will keep track of all the crosses and success/failures here in this thread. I'll keep it up just like my other glog but this one focusing on the breeding. bow chicka wow wow  ;)

Trident chilli said:
Voted too ... I am sure whatever you choose it will have us all talking and watching your hopeful success

Thanks boss, hopefully I get something good out of all of it. 

Bump! only a few more hours till I call it and toss them into the hydrosystem

Noticed that CGN-21500 had some blackening on the leaves since going into hydro. Anyone have any ideas what could cause it? There was a little funk left in the rez from previous grow also maybe bleach residue. I went ahead and drained and flushed the system last night and refilled. Could it be chem burn from tap water, or maybe a fungus? It's not powdery to the touch or anything it's in the tissue. Looks like sun burn but it's the same T5 fixture that was over them in the first place. i just moved it into the hydro unit. 

White fatalii not showing any signs of it though, got the other two spots filled with water and operational. Just need some winners now  :party:

I have these on the cabinet doors of both hydro systems. Helps me keep track of what plants in what. Also going to use to keep track of crosses. I can just label the tag with the alphabetical letter. 

OSUPepperGuy said:
White bhut and anything else! I love it that much lol and honestly haven't had a lot of the other :(

if it don't make the list it's still getting crossed with a few in the hydro. The plant is fantastic looking. Older pic, it's even bigger now with the side branches 

White Bhut X baha goat or White bhut X CGN-21500   

I would like seed form the goat X yellow butch T cross please when available if possible
Think you said something like the f2 gen also that white fatalii X CGN 21500 sounds interesting
I will sure be following this with interest!

Thanks that Bahamian Goat X Yellow Butch T was one I thought about almost voted that way but decided to go with the Bahamian goat X Caribbean red habanero
I hope they produce some strong plants & have some nice tales with good flavor and heat but not over powering .
Something like I understand the sb7j to be like for Nigel & Matt reviews

A little early on but wanted to try my hand at stripping and fertilizing them. Was a little harder than I thought it would be. Took several buds before I got it right. Dropped several stigmas and just broke my first flower off completly. LOL. 

I need to get some Jewelry tags. This bread clip will have to do for now

I used Pollen from Bolsa de dulce and fertilized White Fatalii hence  White fatalii X Bolsa de Dulce.

Back