• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dancing as I Grow WILDS etc. "Chutney" Style '21.

:dance: Here is the beginning of my WILD glog ..as promised..let's have some fun... party..dance! :dance: 

Cardenasii 20491

Charapita

Cumari Alongado

Cumari Minas Gerais

Cumari  Passarinho
Cumari Selvagem

Cumari Vermelna
Flexuosum

Galapagoense CGN 22208

Guyana Bird

Red Wiriwiri

Tovarii

Ulupica La Paz

*****Yellow Wiri Wiri....finally ......searched FAR & Wide(WILD)..finally got from country of origin. :dance:

https://youtu.be/INjbSOXh2pE

smokemaster said:
Hi,don't know about the net these days...my access.
Will keep up reading your progress when I can.
E mail stopped working don't know why.
Hope your season rocks big time.
Hi Mike...happy new yr...hope your health is improved..have to give ya a call one of these days.....just play that song on this here
thread & before you know it  you'll be transplanted to the land of the Moruga Scorpion T&T...all.1,200 000 SHU...start :dance: :P .

Well time for an update . of the seeds sowed on 2/17/21 these have germinated thus far:

Cardenasii 20497 .....too early to report;)....semi-comatose state

Charapita..................              4x4

Cumari Alongado ..................0

Cumari Minas Gerais..............0

Cumari Passarinho..............1 of 2

Cumari Selvagem............... 1 of 4

Cumari Vermelna  ...............0    

Flexuosum..........................0...............OW  plants doing well

Guyana Bird.......................0

Red Wiriwiri.......................not sown yet

Tovarii...............................comatose status con't ...but it's only 5 to 6 weeks....no worries my OW plant is  hanging in.

Ulupica La Paz..................decided not to plant

Others thrown in the mix .um dirt :lol: 2/27/21 & have awaken
Yellow Bird...2
Xion Mutant..1
Charipita......4
Candlelite M.4
Cgn24360....4
Yellow wiri.....8

Upon closer exam.., some of the seeds I rec'd from abroad were broken esp. the cumaris..some only had  1 / 2 seeds ..the results
as posted above...whateva...it only takes 2 or in this case 1 to tango...glad to  have @least 2 different  plants to watch of the cumari family. :cool:
thus far...hopefully more as time rolls by& they wake up from their slumber...& as we know WILDS go into varying degrees of slumber..non more
than Tovarii seeds...they really take it to the limit...so if you have a plant going do OW  it...& I planted fresh seeds (mine :shocked:)

I have other to add red wiri/bonnets from Paul(Thanks much)
and some others from my friend Tybo...some rather cool seeds ThanksTB
and TY to CTB for the seeds including Mutants..new to me & of course to CD ..most of my OW plants are b/c of him sharing..Thanks CD.

With  warmer weather this wk so I'll try my best to sink remaining  seeds the herbs/others as time permits..would  join the Var. Jalop crowd if seeds
materialize...no biggie..................well nuff ~seeds etc. for now..

Hey Wiri.  Sounds like a mixed bag to report, but lots to look forward to.  My tougher wilds are keeping me waiting for sprouts at around 3-1/2 weeks, not unexpected, but, like you, I have some good overwinter plants.  One of the wilds I'm waiting for at the moment is the Ulupica La Paz you sent me, so, as long as it cooperates, I'll be growing it even if you're not.

I wasn't sure from reading whether you could use some variegated jalapeno seeds or are just waiting for yours to sprout - ?  Mine have sprouted for this year already and I still have some of the original seeds that CTB sent me.  I'd be happy to send you over some if you'd like.

CaneDog said:
Hey Wiri.  Sounds like a mixed bag to report, but lots to look forward to.  My tougher wilds are keeping me waiting for sprouts at around 3-1/2 weeks, not unexpected, but, like you, I have some good overwinter plants.  One of the wilds I'm waiting for at the moment is the Ulupica La Paz you sent me, so, as long as it cooperates, I'll be growing it even if you're not.

I wasn't sure from reading whether you could use some variegated jalapeno seeds or are just waiting for yours to sprout - ?  Mine have sprouted for this year already and I still have some of the original seeds that CTB sent me.  I'd be happy to send you over some if you'd like.
I'll hold on the VJ seeds ...thanks for offering...hope the La Paz shows up soon...that is another one that takes forever to germinate...  I have more seeds to share if you need replacements.

Siv said:
I'm more of a 1919 and coconut water kinda guy. But I do enjoy my provisions :)

If you need any seeds or seedlings, do let me know and I'll do my best to help out.
Yes to the provisions,can't leave out the dumplings...really like cassava aka yucca in soup  ....on a cool New England day.

Thanks for your generous offer...I'm good & still have some more to hit soil...some  Wilds  just are somewhat stubborn & take
weeks to germinate....Patience is usually rewarded when least expected so I play the waiting game. ;)
If you want to give some a go PLMK...I  have  a fair amt of fresh seeds in stock.

Hey, Sandy, I see you are growing a CGN 24360.
I had great success with it last season, and over-
wintered it. It is now loaded with flowers and
branching out. By Summer's end, your plant will
be covered with little round, yellow pods. One of
the sites I researched the pepper with last year
referred to them as "BB Habaneros", so that's
what I have been calling them.

Looks like an ambitious grow for you, my dear!
Hoping some more of those Cumaris pop for you.
We'll have to swap some Cumari seeds this com-
ing Fall! I've got Pepper Guru's Cumari Pollux
and Cumari Flibu going, as well as a wild collect-
ed or two from Leo72.

Duly noted....CGN 24360  henceforth will be with name that being BB Habaneros...thanks Paul. ;)

Sure hope I don't have to wait till April for all my seeds to pop...these Cumari seeds are going to take their time  if thye all do show up,esp.,
now that I have "iffy" seeds...I recall last yr I got some seeds of C.Flibu from PG & they took over a month & then they all showed up in 2 to 3 days or so.

Will send seeds of what ever Cumari plants grow...so far nothing on the Lance 26...BUT noted with glee,the 2 heldover plants showing
some awaking S&S  tiny  leaves...these are the reg lance...last yr all the flowers fell off...???  maybe b/c it was placed near the Blue
Mystery :rolleyes:  & that induced  shedding ....who knows /mystery??...said plants had fruits before...I plan on repotting  as/when allowed...will see.
I grew Pollux yrs ago & last yr...that's a nice one.the flower /leaves special..do para eh/not as.

Back