• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Darn the Bad Luck - Rain

Yup, 3 days of storms is too much for me too. I have clay soil too that drains poorly, supposedly 1" every 10 hours, At least that's what I've been told. I think it's longer.

I've still got more plants to put in my garden.

rabbit said:
You're still finding morels?..............SWEET!!!!

Yeah but I think it's pretty much done now. The key is to find downed elm or ash trees, they seem to thrive around them for some reason.

gardenkiller said:
Yeah but I think it's pretty much done now. The key is to find downed elm or ash trees, they seem to thrive around them for some reason.

Yeah, that's how I find alot of my white and yellow morels. I do good in old burn areas as well. Honestly, once the heat really sets in they are usually done. That's why I asked. However, you guys have been having some funky weather over there in Iowa lately. Probably made for one heck of a bumper crop this year. Well, as long as your not to close to a major river that is:shocked::lol: That's cool that you found some later in the year though. Pretty cool actually.

watched the weather this morning and it seems Iowa is going to get hit with another round of storms...

AlabamaJack said:
watched the weather this morning and it seems Iowa is going to get hit with another round of storms...

Honestly, we really needed the rain up here because all of the lakes were really low for the past few years. Seems like nature goes overboard when it fixes itself doesn't it. We've been getting storms on a daily basis for a while now as well, but Iowa got HAMMERED!! The only place I know of that got hammered in MI with rain was Ludington. They got about 15 inches of rain in 3 hours a week or so ago. The freeways washed out up there, and there was quite a bit of flood damage. Nothing like what Iowa has been seeing though. Those are some big rivers with ALOT of water. They sure could use some drying up now that's for sure.

Back