• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Datil seeds

Planted a dozen datil seeds last tuesday in some seed starter mix. No signs of anything yet, anyone have any info on how long til they should sprout up?
I planted them about 1/2 deep.

Thanks
Scott

sfisch said:
Planted a dozen datil seeds last tuesday in some seed starter mix. No signs of anything yet, anyone have any info on how long til they should sprout up?
I planted them about 1/2 deep.

Thanks
Scott

Hiya Scott usually 1 or 2 weeks for c.chinese but can be only a few days or slightly longer,how fresh/Or how well preserved the seeds where can also be a factor..Patience there coming ;)

basic question...what is the soil temperature...

I've got them in a foil pan with a plastic lid on the floor in front of a sliding glass door on the south side of the house. They stay pretty warm during the day, house temp is set at 67 at night.

Scott

It may take a little longer than mine since I plant mine about 1/4 inch and keep the soil temps around 85 degrees. But keep with the patients they will sprout when they are ready...

I got my Datil seeds right from St. Augustine, Florida. But I still had a hell of a time with germination. I started off with 10 seeds and after 6 weeks nothing sprouted. Finally, in a state of desperation I dumped the remainder of the pack (about 30 seeds) onto a damp coffee filter and threw it into Ziploc bag. I then put them on a heat mat to maintain 85F temps. After a week about 5 sprouted. Two months later the Datils look very healthy but they grow verrrrrry slowwwwww. They're only about 3 inches tall.

Back