• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dave's 2010 adventure into HOT!!!

Well might as well start my 2010 grow thread
Here we have my overwintered plants

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODAtMjAxMDAxMTgtMjAwN.jpg

And here are the new starts

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODItMjAxMDAxMTgtMjAwN.jpg

it's always great to see plants that healthy and green. the new starts are looking thick and lush already too. that's what we all hope for.

jjs7741 said:
Nice pics. What varieties did you overwinter? They look beautiful.

jacob

the biggy in the middle back is a devils tongue (seeds from stillmanz) that will be 3 years old this year and the other 2 are 7pot/pod (seeds i got from a member on here from Brazil can't remember who though)

Pepperfreak said:
Those over-winter plants look gorgeous. What type of light are you using over the new sprouts?

the same lights i use as an experiment last year (worked that good i'm using them again!!!) they are the christmas tree led decorations!! but the box has been upgraded, as it's been lined with some polystyrene and the lid now has a hinge!!! and also some fans for air flow

Christmas Tree lights? Now that is being creative. I would have never thought of that. The proof is in the results though and your plants look great!

Is it multi color or is it a certain color?

jacob
Davetaylor said:
the same lights i use as an experiment last year (worked that good i'm using them again!!!) they are the christmas tree led decorations!! but the box has been upgraded, as it's been lined with some polystyrene and the lid now has a hinge!!! and also some fans for air flow

jjs7741 said:
Christmas Tree lights? Now that is being creative. I would have never thought of that. The proof is in the results though and your plants look great!

Is it multi color or is it a certain color?

jacob

it's LED's blue with a few red in there, if you are gonna try this then the led's need to be clear when turned off, rather than white led's with coloured lenses.

last year i was trying a cheap way of starting seeds early and using the leds gave good results at minimum cost, they weren't as good as high power leds but they did stop plants getting leggy and produced very good compact growth

Back