• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Deadpouk's Minimalistic Glog

_1d99d50e-1bff-453d-b874-83c08aee963d.jpeg

I've been hesitating for a long time before starting a new Glog,... last year a lot of things happened and I had a hard time keeping it up to date. I hope that this year I'll manage to be more regular.

In January, driven by the desire to sow some seeds, I put some in my aerogarden...
20230225_172254.jpg

My grow list for this year is:
(There is no guarantee that I won't sow more)

- Pepapeach Stripey (Growdown 2023) : C.Baccatum
- Pepadew South Africa (from Welsh dragon Chilli) : C.Baccatum
- Pepadew Peach (from Welsh dragon Chilli): C. Baccatum
- Rocotto, Mini Olive (Fataliiseeds): C.Pubescens
- Rocoto Marlene (Fataliseeds): C. Pubescens
- Aji Gusanito (Fataliiseeds): C.Chinense
- Arroz Con Polo (Refined Fire Chili): C.Chinense
- Biquinho Red (Fataliiseeds): C. Chinense
- Some F1 Seeds i got from Welsh dragon Chili, if they germinate.

All seeds were sown on February 25, except the one in my aerogarden.
20230225_170231.jpg

All I have to do now is wait for them to sprout, and start prepping my field to plant them at the end of May.

Last edited:
Yum. Kimchi = good.

If they grow true, those are the right peppers for it. Fingers crossed.

Edit. I just looked up KSEEDZ. They look legit to me. I think you're in good shape.

Last edited:
In my quest to make my own kimchi mix, i got my hands on some seeds, from.... etsy 😂
No idea how this is going to end but im going to grow them out.
20240207_172006.jpg
I was looking for the exact same seeds but shipping was out of this world so I ended up ordering Korean Dark Green from Vertiloom!

Last edited:
I've grown Vertiloom seeds for the past 2 years, tomatoes and peppers, and found them very reliable :D
I'm holding back from buying from them at the moment, I'm waiting for 2023 seeds to appear

Have you ever grown vertiloom seeds? Is it a reliable source?
Yeah several times (peppers, tomatoes) and so far so good (great germination rates and everything grew true). Additionally, the owner (Wouter) is very nice and responded quickly to the few questions I asked.

Looks like you had a good season in 2023, Thibaut!
That harvest pic is money! Good luck with the new
seed source this year.

Clean up day, prepping the small grow tent this year. Waiting for the growdown seed to start the growyear :)

20240225_114838.jpg

Edit: 02/25/2024
Couldnt wait to start some seeds, i threw the first round in the aerogarden.

20240224_125235.jpg

1 - scotch bonnet caramel for a friend
2 - 4 RB003
5 - 6 rooster spur (Frutescens)
7 - 8 sweet moruga
9 - Habanada because i had one space left 😂

Last edited:
20240309_185028.jpg

Got some kind of twin seedling from only one seed, i think im going to grow this one out to see what happens. The pepper is a gochu pepper (annum) from my kimchi pepper tray.

20240309_085855.jpg

Germination wise, im really happy with kseeds from etsy, more than 100% in 7 days! 21 seedlings from 20 seeds 😂

I did start seeds in my aerogarden but they failed miserably.

Last edited:
That is cool. Too cool. 👮‍♂️🚔

Hmm, I wonder if it would be something passing with genes or even worth it. Like, will it make stronger or weaker plant... two times more energy or what. 👀

Everything is growing nicely, we have summer weather at the moment they enjoy it.

20240409_190154.jpg

20240409_190740.jpg

My double pepper from à single seed is growing nicely to

20240409_190346.jpg

Im not doing this normaly but im going to repot a second time, plant out is still far away.

The pepper i have right now are, a lot of gochu pepper, rb003, sweet moruga and korean pepper from the seed train.
I did start the growdown seeds, and a few others (flexuosum, tasmanian black, and a few more RB003).

Back