• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Dear thief who broke in to my car last night

While annoying that you rummaged my car in my own driveway, and irritating that you left a mess after leaving the contents of my glove box & center console strewn about, it amuses me to no end that you
1. Dropped your cell phone
2. Did not have it password protected
3. Had your name programmed into the home screen

Facepalm

ROFL go gettem LDHS! make sure and smear a butch t all over the phone so when they get it back they get more than they bargained for!

Was the cell phone in your car or just near the car? If it was not in the car the alibi of the person will be that he was in your area, but knows nothing of the break in. Circumstantial evidence. Fingerprint evidence is not what you see on TV, did you touch anything in the car before the police arrived?

All relevant questions you migh want to address, the cops will ask them.

Was your car locked?

In the car. On the floor, next to the pile of stuff he tossed out of my glove box.

There is also the possibility that the phone was among the stolen possessions taken from a prior victim.

But often the simplest explanation is the best.

Regardless of what happens with the police, if this dude lost a phone to steal $0.47 then I probably got the better part of the deal.

Car was locked. It is also possible that my door was ajar.

Regardless my driveway goes 100' into my property line. So the thief was trespassing just to get to the car.

Anyway, the point isn't that I expect the guys from CSI to make this case their top priority, it's that I thought it was funny that someone trying to steal things went away with $0.47 and without his $100 phone.

Epic fail.

:rofl: What an idiot! All that for $0.47. I bet he/she was car hopping and only looking for cash. Which I would expect that most people would have a max of a few dollars in change left in their car. I wouldn't even consider it worth it.

This Ad Was Posted to Craig's List Personals:

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 05-27-09, 1:43 A M EST.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on my girlfriend and me, threatening our lives.

You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings.

I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment when I drew my pistol after you took my Jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.

My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.

Obviously you agree that it is a very Intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, wasn't it?

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from bare footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I Went and filled up my gas tank as well as four other people's in the gas station on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that?

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number, etc).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.

Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.

Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
Alex

P.S. Remember this motto. An armed society makes for a more civil society!

Or a load of powder behind the battery cover....will slowly work it's way out over the following weeks. end up in his pocket and other places...

I bet man, sorry your car got rummaged. Really sucks to have people mess with your things. It's happened to me too many times.

This Ad Was Posted to Craig's List Personals:

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 05-27-09, 1:43 A M EST.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on my girlfriend and me, threatening our lives.

You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings.

I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment when I drew my pistol after you took my Jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.

My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.

Obviously you agree that it is a very Intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, wasn't it?

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from bare footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I Went and filled up my gas tank as well as four other people's in the gas station on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that?

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number, etc).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.

Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.

Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
Alex

P.S. Remember this motto. An armed society makes for a more civil society!

I hope that's fake, someone tries to rob a person so they steal and commit property damage as revenge?

It is fake, been posted here before...urban legend that makes people feel better.

Theft is theft, no matter who is stealing from whom.

bummer dude!

Hope you can do something with the phone for a little payback. If the cops haven't taken it.....

While annoying that you rummaged my car in my own driveway, and irritating that you left a mess after leaving the contents of my glove box & center console strewn about, it amuses me to no end that you
1. Dropped your cell phone
2. Did not have it password protected
3. Had your name programmed into the home screen

Facepalm
Sry to hear that brother!!! To bad your ride wasnt James Bond protected in other words, if an intruder enters the car, the car blows up! Haha, No but seriously, I hate thieves with a passion and had my place robbed yrs ago! They need to get their hands chopped off like back in the good old days or other countries! At least you have his phone, what has become of this? Any luck?

At the farmer's market. Unfortunately the market is downtown (police) and my property is in unincorporated community - so I need sheriffs.

I'll call them later after the market's done.

That's an awful thing to have happen, glad to hear it wasn't worse that what it is. I know around St. Louis the thefts and "breaking and entering" have starting really moving out to the unincorporated areas. I guess there is no one left to steal from in the city. I grew up here never locking the doors to the house or the car, now I lock everything. Luckily its still a pretty safe place to live and everyone around here is armed (at least in their home).

Yeah - all things considered I'm more laughing about it than anything.

God help them if they opt to go further into my home - first my dog will get them, then I will. lol

Car was locked. It is also possible that my door was ajar.

Regardless my driveway goes 100' into my property line. So the thief was trespassing just to get to the car.

Anyway, the point isn't that I expect the guys from CSI to make this case their top priority, it's that I thought it was funny that someone trying to steal things went away with $0.47 and without his $100 phone.

Epic fail.

a theft so inept, it could only be the work of a tweeker

be careful out there...

Back