• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Deer deterent

Hey Butch,

Get some deprivation permits and I'll take care of it.

OR, I have a couple of cousins in Leesville who don't require no stinkin' permits. :lol:

Personally, I have 6' chicken wire around my garden. It's been up 5 or 6 years and no jumpers yet. Chicken wire might be cost prohibitive for a LARGE garden though.

Good luck with it.

If I understand the law correctly, you just have to call the wildlife and fisheries and show them the damage
and they will allow you to kill the deer eating your crops (as long as you have a valid Mississippi hunting license), but a person has to sleep sometimes!

I know a drunk,pissed off,half naked Mad Man,running and screaming through a garden at dark thirty AM scares deer away fast.

Long story...

Had to do with a bottle of Everclear and home made ta kill ya , a bunch of party animals getting way past drunk ,a hot tub , a BBQ and my friend being tired of deer in his garden... 4 or 5 deer that came to visit the garden for a late night/early morning dinner several times that week,they left several lbs. of deer manure...never came back...

Funny as hell.

Hey Butch,

Just stumbled across this product. It's organic, has a hose-end sprayer and is made in Virginia. That's the extent of my recommendation. :lol:

I was looking for Holey Moley, but that's another story.

St. Gabriel Deer Repellent

I checked the plots when I arrived home, & there was NO new damage! The 7 foot screen along with the electric fence seems to have done the trick. I just wish it could have stopped the
invasion of potato beetles I found this evening, but I do have a surprise for them tomorrow!
Potato Beetle, meet Mr. Neem!

Try putting the bottom strand at 6" off the ground. Just high enough to get the Weed Eater under. Your problem might be groundhogs and not deer at this point. I have put up a one strand electric fence 6" up and it kept everything but box turtles out of the garden.

Its not groundhogs, I can clearly see the tracks & they punch holes through the plastic mulch when they step on it.
Besides we don't have groundhogs, we are about 75 miles South of their range.

Back