• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

DefCon 1-2-3 Taste Test

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I ordered DefCon 1-2-3, and Habby Horse on Tuesday about noon, and received the order Thursday afternoon that included DefCon 1-2-3, Habby Horse and a free Habby Pony. The Habby pony will be good for my wife.

Packaging was superb, each jar individually bubble wrapped, in a bed of styrofoam peanuts in a sturdy box.

Taste tested the DefCon 1-2-3:

Taste Test SetUp:
(you all are going to laugh at this)
Salted Soda Crackers, Vienna Sausage and Fresh Cubed Tomato topped with a splash (or two)of sauce.

DefCon 3:
Sauce has wonderful flavor and augments the taste of the sausage and tomato. Slight afterburn from back of throat down gullet. Great warm feeling. Some burn on top of rear palate.

Overall Opinion: Sauce taste wonderful straight but tastes even better with sausage and tomato.

DefCon 2:
Same taste as DefCon 3 (like the label says) but has more heat and a slow burn. Good heat.

Overall Opinion: Great Hot Sauce on Pizza (thats what I had for supper last night)

DefCon 1: Thinner than DefCon 3 & 2 - taste same - great burn that comes on....OMG - sauce so good I had to have another. Comment: Make DefCon 1 as thick as DefCon 2 & 3.

Overall Opinion: One of the best if not THE best series of hot sauces I have tasted. I WILL BUY AGAIN!!!

I am just going to fix a bloody mary with the Habbys' right now and will review the Habbys this afternoon.

Time to go get ingredients for chili. Going to make 3 gallons today.

AJ

AlabamaJack said:
DefCon 1: Thinner than DefCon 3 & 2 - taste same - great burn that comes on....OMG - sauce so good I had to have another. Comment: Make DefCon 1 as thick as DefCon 2 & 3.

AJ

Really? I thought Defcon 1 was just as thick as 2, at least to me.

Same here :confused: did ya give a shake ?

very good sauces too I will be buying all three as it seems to "fit" our house 3 for my daughter 2 for wifey and son and 1 for moi --

Thanks Jack, always like hearing stuff like that. Good question posed by others, did you give the #1 a good shake?

Good lluck with the Bloody Mary's. Put enough of the Habby Horse into one of those, and you're mind won;t be focused on the hangover anymore!

Gonna go fix a Habby Horse Blood Mary right now. And I WILL shak it up!!!:)

Habby Horse Bloody Mary Review

OK....Sweat breaking out on brow, continual burn on outside back of tongue down throat, tiny burn on lips, sweat breaking out below eyelids...

16 Oz Bloody Mary with a little more than 1/2 Tbsp Habby Horse, Next one will have 1 Tbsp.

You have to add more worchestershire to bring out the flavor of the Habby Horse.

Very Tasty Drink:onfire:

AJ

Damn AJ... I know "It's 5 o'clock somewhere....." But 10:30am (my time) for a Bloody Mary? On a Friday morning? GEEZ!!!

I have every other Friday off and today is my lucky day.....work with my germinator, plan for the garden, and cook 3 gallons of AJ's Red. It just don't get no better than this.

AlabamaJack said:
I have every other Friday off and today is my lucky day.....work with my germinator, plan for the garden, and cook 3 gallons of AJ's Red. It just don't get no better than this.

I am officially jealous of you right now.

Habby Horse Bloody Mary with 1 Tbsp Habby....MMMMMMMMM Good....just right for the discerning taste.......

Sickmont said:
If he didn't shake it up first, he's in for a rude awakening from the REAL heat of Defcon 1:mouthonfire:

A friend of mine came over last yesterday evening and we taste tested the DefCon Sauces again.

I shook all of them up really good and then tasted each. When we got to the DefCon 1, I put a little more than a teaspoon on a cracker with tomato and sausage, WOW...you all were right about shaking it up. :mouthonfire: Both of our mouths were watering to beat the band. And after the burn started to slow down a bit, the feeling of well being, even euphoria set in for about 10 minutes.

I just finished my taste test of defcon 1 all purpose wing sauce .
It has a nice smooth taste and a little heat.
I used to like franks red hot as a wing sauce but this beats it .
It is real good in tomatoe juice with a shot of vodka .
I cant wait to try the hotter defcons 2 and 3 .

shayne

Back