• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

DefCon 1-2-3 Taste Test

It is defcon 1 wing sauce .
maybe I got a bad bottle??
It has a good flavor but the heat is nowhere near serial killer or blairs jersey death .
I thought it was a sauce that would be used a drop at a time but I will have it done in no time .
shayne

shayneyasinski said:
It has a good flavor but the heat is nowhere near serial killer or blairs jersey death .
I thought it was a sauce that would be used a drop at a time but I will have it done in no time .
shayne

It's not supposed as hot as either Blair's or Uncle Big's stuff. It's a wing sauce. Do up about a dozen wings and coat them. It wouldn't make any sense to have a wing sauce that had to be used by the drop. That's what the ZERO is for.

DEFCON Creator said:
It's not supposed as hot as either Blair's or Uncle Big's stuff. It's a wing sauce. Do up about a dozen wings and coat them. It wouldn't make any sense to have a wing sauce that had to be used by the drop. That's what the ZERO is for.
Seriously... :shocked:
I mean what kind of crappy wing sauce should be used one drop at a time?
You pour it all over and start gorging! :lol:
I'm thinking of getting 1/2/3 Defcon sauces and try to replicate the taste without butter. :rolleyes:

With Defcon's sauces, you don't need butter. My favorite way is to use #2 and splash a little #1 for a little more heat.

DEFCON Creator said:

sorry .
I thought that 1 was the hottest.
Zero will be on my next order.
thanks

one is the hottest sauce, zero is pure extract. i haven't had the zero..i'd like to try some wings tossed in one with a bit of zero in the mix.

is that how the deathmatch wings are made?

I did a nice combo on some chicken breasts the other night. Dry rub of Dave's Insanity spice, and then a good basting of Defcon 1. Washed it back with a nice Italian Pinot Grigio. One of my better dinners, according to the wife...;)

Actually, the Deathmatch sauce is an anomaly. It's got a good amount of ZERO in it, but believe it or not, it's got a nice strong wing flavor as well. There are a couple of "ancient Chinese secrets" in it, which gives it a nice long delay before the heat hits. Who knows, perhaps the Deathmatch sauce will be available next year as a regular product.....Wait, did I say that?

My bottle of defcon 1 is almost out from supper tonight.
I will post a pic of what I made .
It was good but what I am not all that impressed with is that defcon 0 is unavailable!!
It was a small run of collectors bottles so how can I try it if you cant get it??
The site says that it goes for $500 and I think thats a little out there for cayenne based sauce .
Or will mr Defcon get me a sample to try ????
shayne

shayneyasinski said:
It was good but what I am not all that impressed with is that defcon 0 is unavailable!!
It was a small run of collectors bottles so how can I try it if you cant get it??
The site says that it goes for $500 and I think thats a little out there for cayenne based sauce .
shayne
===================================
Defcon zero is much, much more than a cayenne-based sauce. The Creator has a unique method of preparing his extract....without the use of ketones, etc. employed by other manufacturers. Great heat. And the flavor isn't that overwhelming charred chemical taste representative of most extract sauces.
It's tops on my list.
Stick around. The creator will create another batch. It's worth the wait. :hell:

shayneyasinski said:
shayne

Excuse me? Since WHEN is the ZERO cayenne based? Perhaps you should do your homework before insulting me. You are upset that YOU can't get any of it. OK, let's see. It takes me 4 months to make the stuff. It takes me over 200 pounds of Orange HABANEROS to make a little more than a quart of the stuff. Perhaps YOU can explain to us all the last time YOU put on a vacuum suit, and processed HABANERO extract, and exactly how you went about making it.

The ZERO has only been released 4 times over 3 years time. Each production was for collectable purposes but we did not over saturate the market. From the original run of Batch #1 being only 24 bottles, you should understand, if you were a collector, that $500 for this rare item would be appreciated. As for actual consumption, we allow people the opportunity to try the ZERO at all trade shows and events.

Yeah, the older releases are going for about $500, perhaps that will give you a bit of insight as to what I'm making. The original prices were as follows: Batch #1 $25.00, Batch #2 $40.00, Batch #3 $60.00 (and the taster, which was unsigned and un-numbered was $15.00) and Batch #4 was $70.00. Never were there more than 93 of each release ever made. Most were sold out within a day or two. Now, you stated a SMALL RELEASE? Once again, perhaps you should do your homework before stating something like that. I must truly apologize for not saving you some. Now, after what you stated, the way you stated it, are you honestly going to ask me for a sample?

DEFCON Creator said:
Excuse me? Since WHEN is the ZERO cayenne based? Perhaps you should do your homework before insulting me. You are upset that YOU can't get any of it. OK, let's see. It takes me 4 months to make the stuff. It takes me over 200 pounds of DRIED Orange HABANEROS to make a little more than a quart of the stuff. Perhaps YOU can explain to us all the last time YOU put on a vacuum suit, and processed HABANERO extract, and exactly how you went about making it.

The ZERO has only been released 4 times over 3 years time. Each production was for collectable purposes but we did not over saturate the market. From the original run of Batch #1 being only 23 bottles, you should understand, if you were a collector, that $500 for this rare item would be appreciated. As for actual consumption, we allow people the opportunity to try the ZERO at all trade shows and events.

Yeah, the older releases are going for about $500, perhaps that will give you a bit of insight as to what I'm making. The original prices were as follows: Batch #1 $25.00, Batch #2 $40.00, Batch #3 $60.00 (and the taster, which was unsigned and un-numbered was $15.00) and Batch #4 was $70.00. Never were there more than 92 of each release ever made. Most were sold out within a day or two. Now, you stated a SMALL RELEASE? Once again, perhaps you should do your homework before stating something like that. I must truly apologize for not saving you some. Now, after what you stated, the way you stated it, are you honestly going to ask me for a sample?

I was looking at the bottle of Defcon #1 and saw it was cayenne based so I assumed that zero was the same idea and if that insulted you I am sorry but unclear as to what insulted you ...
you use cayenne as a base for defcon 1 and I said zero was cayenne based so this is an insult??
If using cayenne is an insult to sauce why do you use it ??
never been in the suit making sauce or extract but I do understand what it takes as I have been in the food industry all my life.

"Each production was for collectable purposes"
why????
does it taste bad or a problem with production on a big scale??
many big players in the sauce world have all of the sauces they make available to anyone that wants them at prices that are reasonable.
Blair's 3am ect if I am not mistaken have been released in a numbered collectors series and also non numbered for guys that wanna eat them.
As for a sample of zero ... sure I will take what ya got as you have me wondering if you dressing up like a spaceman in a vac suit cooking up peppers can make a truly hot sauce that will lay out a large fellow such as myself.

shayne

shayneyasinski said:
I was looking at the bottle of Defcon #1 and saw it was cayenne based so I assumed that zero was the same idea and if that insulted you I am sorry but unclear as to what insulted you ...
you use cayenne as a base for defcon 1 and I said zero was cayenne based so this is an insult??
If using cayenne is an insult to sauce why do you use it ??
never been in the suit making sauce or extract but I do understand what it takes as I have been in the food industry all my life.

"Each production was for collectable purposes"
why????
does it taste bad or a problem with production on a big scale??
many big players in the sauce world have all of the sauces they make available to anyone that wants them at prices that are reasonable.
Blair's 3am ect if I am not mistaken have been released in a numbered collectors series and also non numbered for guys that wanna eat them.
As for a sample of zero ... sure I will take what ya got as you have me wondering if you dressing up like a spaceman in a vac suit cooking up peppers can make a truly hot sauce that will lay out a large fellow such as myself.

shayne

Shayne, he is saying he makes it himself, so why would you compare him to big manufacturers, and why on Earth would you ask him if it tasted bad? I think you are an instigator. You can see he was upset by your post. I'm not saying you insulted him, but he says he was insulted so what are you trying to do?

Before this blows up, please move on. Thanks

supper
:onfire:

picture030op5.jpg

picture032uh3.jpg

Looks good. Was it cooked with the sauce too, or was that a different sauce/spice?

I'm guessing it was take-out.

It was a chicken from the grocery store.
I soaked it with Defcon 1 and then poured on a little more when it was done .
great sauce.

shayne

Back