• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce DEFCON 1 extreme sauce?????

Well at long last after seeing you guys rave about defcon sauces I got nick at my local sauce shop to order me a bottle of defcon 1 (saved postage that way!)

Only gripe I have is the word extreme on the bottle, I've had sauces with serious heat before so I limbered up the tastebuds for the initial tasting but the extreme never came.

Don't get me wrong it's a bloody lovely sauce, never had one with cream in it before, dunno if the cream is the reason that I get a parmesan flavour coming though!! But it gives it a real velvety texture, a great sauce just not an extreme sauce

We call it an extreme sauce because 99% of the populous considers it VERY hot. I could make it hotter, MUCH hotter, I wouldn't sell nearly as much of it. There is no skill in making something hot, the skill is to make it taste good.

DEFCON Creator said:
We call it an extreme sauce because 99% of the populous considers it VERY hot. I could make it hotter, MUCH hotter, I wouldn't sell nearly as much of it. There is no skill in making something hot, the skill is to make it taste good.

Well said, my friend!

Can't wait to hear how the FFS went!

The show has been a LOT of fun so far as usual. Today is the final battle, as version of Gettysburg if you will. The final opening of the Gates of Hell will occur. The groundswell of human bipedal masses will descend upon us like a locust swarm. We shall remain vigilant, ever manning our parapets during the ensuing wave assaults. The Defcon Crew shall be victorious once again, as our constitution in the face of of overwhelming numbers cannot be shaken.

I got my Defcon pack awhile back and I must say the Defcon 1 is top notch, and I'll agree with John that it's extreme for a general public, but i also feel it is a good amount of heat for wings. and yes it can always be doctored up a bit more with a number of products, one blend i like is to add some of the Cajohn Fatalli Puree, it gives and interesting flavors and juts kicks it up that little bit without over doing it and taking AWAY the flavor.

heartbreakingdawns said:
I got my Defcon pack awhile back and I must say the Defcon 1 is top notch, and I'll agree with John that it's extreme for a general public, but i also feel it is a good amount of heat for wings. and yes it can always be doctored up a bit more with a number of products, one blend i like is to add some of the Cajohn Fatalli Puree, it gives and interesting flavors and juts kicks it up that little bit without over doing it and taking AWAY the flavor.

Funny you mention the Fatalii sauce, because I have been adding my fatalii puree to Defcon's 1 &2 for my wings for a while now. Maybe you can work on a Fatalii sauce Creator...

You know what's really weird is a fatalii pepper tears the sh*t out of me, literally. Don't know why, but man, it gets ugly when I eat them. Therefore it would be rather nasty trying to make a product with a good amount of fatalii in it, the taste testing would be somewhat like a voluntary lower gi series.

I think I can speak for Paul when I say that we do not need to be paid for our services. A lifetime supply of the finished sauce would be sufficient. :lol:

and I bet I know where you coud get a few fataliis for experimentation Creator...and Zest Fest will be good timing too...how many would you need for a test batch?

You know, I have never seen or heard of a fatalii wing sauce yet. It would be awesome to see the Creator be the first.

just what I was thinking JayT and Paul...

JayT said:
You know, I have never seen or heard of a fatalii wing sauce yet. It would be awesome to see the Creator be the first.

Agreed. I've just been using the fatalii powder as a dry rub of sorts before cooking.

lets see, I've got....42 8 ounce jars of Fatalii puree....336 ounces, thats over 2.6 gallons sittin' on my shelf right now...that should make what, 8-10 gallons sauce?

Back