event DEFCON Calendar of events (so far)

Well, it's that time of year again, when the Defcon Crew invades various establishments under cover of darkness with our Urban Assault Vehicle. Below is a list of the first round of events we have planned. We have another 4-5 in progress and just havr to firm up the dates.

April 25, St. James Gate Irish Pub, Maplewood, NJ
www.stjamesgatepub.com

This will be our 6th time at this location. It's become a tradition, and a madhouse. Come on down for free wings all afternoon, raffles, and maybe even a DEFCON Wing-Eating Deathmatch!
------------------------------------------

May 2, NERCC Chili Cook-Off, Somers, CT

This one is a lot of fun. We did it for the first time last year and immediately signed up for this year. Come join us along with Mad Mike for a great time, and a lot of great chili. There might even be a DEFCON Wing-Eating Deathmatch!

www.chilict.com
-------------------------------------

June 20, Hillsborough Fire Dept.,
"No Fire, Just Smoke" BBQ Cook-Off, Hillsborough, NJ

This will be our 4th year with this crazy crew. Join us and dozens of professional BBQ smokers for a fun-filled afternoon. TONS of good food, live music, and the works. Located at the Woods Road Firehouse.

www.hillsboroughfire3.org

August 1-2, Jungle Jim's, Weekend of Fire, Fairfield, Ohio

In it's 3rd year, Jungle Jim's, an amazing experience in food, will be holding the next Weekend of Fire. Join us and dozens of other manufacturers for an insane weekend of the best hot & spicy food ever made. Saturday night is the Main Event, The National Championship DEFCON Wing-Eating Deathmatch!
www.junglejims.com

September 11-13, Zest Fest, Fort Worth, Texas

The DEFCON Crew will be invading Fort Worth under cover of darkness for one of the largest fiery food trade show that exists. Home of the legendary Golden Chile Awards (which we now have 4 of), and the Fiery Food Challenge, this show is just a great big party.

www.chilepepper.com
-------------------------------------------

Like I said, we will be adding many more dates as time progresses. Sorry to say, due to strict limitations of vacation time from my regular job, we won't be doing very many other appearances too far away. I apologize for this, but when you wear the Muzzle of Corporate America, your time is only your own when they say it is.​

It is my wedding though in Wisconsin - Milwaukee - I get in on the 28th July -wedding is on the 7th August.

So I do have a week prior ! So I may do an overnighter if I can get my brother keen for road trip.

No Duff's! The old one closed down :( I went to the new one, no outdoor area. Sucks!

No more NYC stops?

thehotpepper.com said:
No Duff's! The old one closed down :( I went to the new one, no outdoor area. Sucks!

No more NYC stops?

Actually, it is kind of a bummer. Duff said he wants to do it at the new place, but honestly, I don't think The Wife Unit would be able to deal with 9 hours of deathmetal turned on a volume of 11. There really isn't anywhere to do it outside at the new place.

We are going to be doing a gig this Saturday, and you could take the midtown direct to Maplewood. It's only 1 block from the train station.

I know the perfect place, if you want to try to do it there.
http://www.bohemianhall.com/
It's a real beer garden, huge outdoor area, with a stage, and picnic tables. Inside is the bar. They have food, but they do have events. Check it out!
Slideshow of pics here
3bohemianhallbeergarden.jpg

You could set up here:
4bohemianhallbeergarden.jpg

Thats a picture of about 60% of the pubs here in Aus ! If they didnt have a beer garden then they probably would not get business !

But that looks gold it would remind me of home ! I will speak to brother this weekend as he is down to help build UDS !

It's rare in NYC, and by the way, I have no connection, I was suggesting John contact them, that's all.

If i wasn't in Philly this weekend (can't avoid it), i'd be at the Maplewood gig. And yes, there would have to be a Deathmatch. And i would win it.

fineexampl said:
And yes, there would have to be a Deathmatch. And i would win it.

Ahhhh, ask and thou shalt receive. We will be having another Defcon Day on May 23rd at Scotty's Steakhouse in Springfield, NJ. If we can get 4 masochists together, ther ewill be another Deathmatch. People ask, "Why does it have to be at least 4 people?", my answer is, "We have prizes for the top 3, I want someone to walk away with NOTHING! :hell:

DEFCON Creator said:
Ahhhh, ask and thou shalt receive. We will be having another Defcon Day on May 23rd at Scotty's Steakhouse in Springfield, NJ. If we can get 4 masochists together, ther ewill be another Deathmatch. People ask, "Why does it have to be at least 4 people?", my answer is, "We have prizes for the top 3, I want someone to walk away with NOTHING! :hell:
count me in man. :hell: i might bring a 2nd person, but he'll bail early. i've eaten fresh bhut. i have an idea what to expect. sort of. the extract will be hard, but i can endure 5 min.

fineexampl said:
count me in man. :hell: i might bring a 2nd person, but he'll bail early. i've eaten fresh bhut. i have an idea what to expect. sort of. the extract will be hard, but i can endure 5 min.

I've tasted the wings....it's a rough ride of pain :hell:

chiliman said:
Daggonnit Def! We need to get you down south! Maybe at next years NC State Cook off?

I would love to. However, reality sometimes has to be a true buzzkill. Having a regular 9-5 corporate job takes its toll on us being able to stray far from the house. Throw in the fact The Wife Unit works nights, Sunday through Thursday, and you have a recipe for an extremely sucky schedule. Besides 1 day local gigs, all of our vacation time is spent at the larger trade shows (Albuquerque, Dallas, and Jungle Jims in Ohio). Other than that, I wear a collar with a very short leash, hence the local events.

I get pounded for requests from people all over the states (and Canada) for us to show up. It truly sucks that I can't, as we ALWAYS have a good time. In time, God willing, I can break the Leash of Resistance and forge a path I CHOOSE to follow, not one I am forced to, in order to pay the bills. Honestly, the way things are going, I am being able to discern a slight glimmer of light in the seemingly endless Tunnel to Freedom.

Trust me, I'm counting the days when our company hits the level when we can both tell corporate America to cram it, and do what we WANT to do.

Back